Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck requirements for joining Big Dawgs........?????

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Boscolingus, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Boscolingus

Boscolingus 1/2 ton status

Now, I am a bit fearfull of getting my truck back together and joining the club for the reason that I am under the impression that the trucks in So Cal BD are purpose built, off-road only trucks.

My question is, will I be treated w/ some animosity as my truck is being built by yours trully to be a "Big-Stupid-Pavement-Pounder" that will more than likely spend more time in the urban jungle than the serene off road.

I am not saying that I will never take it off road - quite the contrary, however my question remains... are show trucks frowned upon?

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

You have got absolutely nothing to worry about, mine spends most of its life on asphalt and concrete, it regularly gets 10-12,000 miles a year and is my daily driver, most of the guys in the club drive their trucks at least a couple times a week, and we all drive them to the trailhead. Mine is purpose built however, its built to do everything, Street, rock, mud, trail, its a compromise truck, and looks good at the Mall with globs of mud on it, so bring that big bad mall cruiser out and meet us. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Boscolingus

HAHAHA - Mall Cruiser ( that is a damn good one ) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The Elite Mall Cruiser Crew, poster children for Big Dawgs /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Beleive me, after this football helmet face sheild looking bumper I made for my rig, I can't wait to get out on the trails and find some evil-doing boulders to, ummmmm, test it out /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Just got of the welder right now, Im making a new intake and elbow assy that replaces the factory filter housing atop the throttle body - the way I see it, if it is something I can make - and its not offered - and I have the materials ( and add a 6 pack to the formula ) then I'm gonna make it

I think this weekend I might just have to take a crap load of pics and throw them on my server for everyone to check out - but beleive me, with a DEAD front pass side tire, no core support and several dents, my truck right now is more of an eye sore than anything else - but Im working on that in ALL of my spare time to correct that, hell - even sleep is over-rated when it comes to working on my truck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Truck Requirements? You mean we need a truck to join this club? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. Boscolingus

hahahaha

6. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Come on out!! I think Esteban and I have two of the prettiest trucks in the club. But his is a LOT more pretty than mine!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Boscolingus

Well - I certainly plan on it the last phase is putting together the front end ( core support, grille, etc. ) then getting an 8 lug kit for the front so that I can go ahead and get some new wheels and tires.

The biggest issue is that I have not had the truck registered in almost 4 years and I am sure there is a hell of alot of fines on it, as well as getting my liscence reinstated ( LOTS of very very very stupid street racing activities as a youth, would have been much better spent working on the truck )

But - my major goal in life right now IS to get out there and start participating. But I just wanted to offer my shops services until I can get out there and be an official member, then really offer some services with the shop /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Mines pretty! I got power everything and AC, just wait till I paint it. I put over 80 miles a day on mine too.

9. landsmasher

You have a shop? Way cool!! What do you specialize in? My truck is not so pretty. Handsome maybe but not pretty... And it has a hell of an overbite. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

10. Boscolingus

Well, we specialize in fabrication of damn near everything /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

from props for Sony and Paramount studios, Bow railings and boat crap for all the yacht owners in the Marina, Custom engine and turbo installs for Fieros, WRX's and Opel's, and specialty parts such as polyurethane engine mounts that are not in production by major manufacturers, check out some of the stuff we do on the web - www.westcoastfiero.net

11. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

what are the req. for joining anyway? I am interested in joining.

12. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Basically, all you really need to do is show up to a bunch of events, help with the adopt-a-trail, come to meetings, and show a commitment to the club, oh ya and have fun while doing all of it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. landsmasher

Let us not forget the cerimonial case of beer...

14. Boscolingus

OH THANK GOD - I was afraid it was going to be like similar car clubs I have been into where everyone is anti-beer

Hmmmm - what would be the official beer of the club?

Also - I have access to a 1000+ serving margarita machine ( 120V/14amp) which is essentially the same as the slurpee machines at 7-11, except you fill it with yout favorite poison, I think I will have to bring it out for the next get together as soon as I'm up and running.

15. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Now this could be awesome for the Safari weekend! I'll bring a generator for it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh, and the President likes Coors! he,he (But Larry is just joking about the beer, although it sure wouldn't hurt! ha,ha) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

Does anyone carpool to the meetings? kinda kidding but I am far!

17. Boscolingus

Im right here in Santa Monica too (well, MDR, but the same =-) )

as soon as I get my rig up and running I could get the car pool going

18. landsmasher

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    (But Larry is just joking about the beer, although it sure wouldn't hurt! ha,ha)

[/ QUOTE ]

Kidding? Now why would I kid about a thing like that? Actually I only proposed that new members buy a case of beer but it could catch on! We don't allow drinking on the trail but the camp site is another story... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

19. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

I could drive until then. I have a couple of trucks in the works, but at least one solid daily driver. The "Fluff" Truck.

20. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Hey Larry, Heres one for you /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Investment Advice For the Big Dawgs:

If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the 10 cent deposit, you would have $214.00. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif