Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck roof rack

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stock93, Feb 18, 2004.

1. stock93

stock93 Registered Member

I have an 83 K10 stepside pickup w/36 buckshots and I'm thinking about maing a roof rack on top of the cab for more storage. I can make one 32x54. Do you guys thing this would be worth doing? I figure I can use it to hold camping gear, a cooler, my high lift, axe, and shovel. I dont think this would make it to tall for most trails. Does anyone have any pictures of roof racks on trucks not blazers? I have used the search and only found blazer roof racks.

John

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if the raingutters on a truck are structural, so be careful how you mount it. On my suburban they are not and cannot support much wieght. I don't think you would have any problems with a rack on a pickup. I've seen them on superduties and they are pretty cool.

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

You would have to mount through roof due to the raingutters are screwed on and are not that strong like the other post states.... Make sure you use plates on the inside and outside of the metal for reinforcement....