Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRUCK SEARCH FOUND>k3500 crew with 39k orig miles.. FINDERS FEE to k5drager

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camiswelding, Aug 29, 2003.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I want to than everyone from this site that looked so diligently for a specific k3500 for me. Today I put a deposit down on a concours condition... basically new.. 87 K3500 crew.. it has only 39 k miles... WHEN DID ANY OF US SEE A K truck with those miles... anyway Im flying in to pick it up next week... this is the truck I was hoping someone would find for me... and poof it happened
    CK5 rocks!!!!! Ill post pics when I get it...
    CAM

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Come on now, you know we want to know more about the truck - SPILL IT!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

EXACTLY /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    How can he just say...found a truck with 39K on it and leave it at that?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my buddy's dad has an 89 K3500 crew cab(is it V3500 maybe?), 2wd dually with a 454 and 4 speed. ALl power, vinyl seats but its a nice truck with 36,000 original miles. He bought it years ago brought it home and pulled the bed off to install a fifth wheel and has only welded the hitch in since. he only did that a couple months ago. If I coudl get that rig from him I'd be a very happy boy.

6. camiswelding

ok the deal came off trader online... I saw it but so did brent k5drager who sent it to me.. I am going to give him the finders fee..
    1987 K3500 crew (dually) BB with 39k miles... bought new in chandler az where it lived its whole life.. 65 year old owner bought it for pulling the 5th wheel.. retired a couple of months ago and cant back it up anymore so sold eveything...
    its loaded with every option and is in concours like new condition garage kept serviced each year.. never had a chevy warranty claim.. never a bump or scratch.. has only seen perhaps 90 mins in hi range in its entire life.. Its fire engine red.. entirely stock except for ultra wheels and michielns and a b and m tranny cooler...
    I fly in next week to pick it up... had to fight off a number of other buyers by calling the guy at mid nite.. yep I did it called him at midnite... had people coming from all over the U.S. .. didnt quibble over the 10k asking... dealer tired to offer him 5k as a trade... the service manager wanted it but he thought that might be too cheap.. cheatin bastards..
    I know I told all of you I wanted a small block and a single rear wheel (still do) but those things can be overcome over time... I dont think there are any other k trucks in the U.S. with such low mileage and no abuse... had to go for it...
    PICS are pending
    thanks again
    cam

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have worked on that truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It is really clean. It has new fuel pumps in it. I installed one of them. I wanted that truck ever since I saw it. Good find, I should have been looking for it. I didnt think he would ever sell it because he bought it to travel in when he retired.

Dan

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't tell 84ChevyK10(Tim) you paid that kind of money for a 15 year old truck. He'll call you stupid......only because he doesn't quite understand how the world works yet /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sounds like a great find, brother. You've got everything you need(size, 4x4, power)in one package. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    89 K3500 crew cab(is it V3500 maybe?),

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right, his '89 is a "V" series, not "K."

1987 marked the first year the "K" was changed to "V" in the 4x4 class. So everyones 1 tons announced on this thread is actually a V3500 ratther than a K3500. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Tom

11. camiswelding

you can basically throw out any blue book on any vehicle that is in concours condition... especially with the k series... all of our trucks, mine included, are rolling the odometers at least once and many 2 and three times... this is my second thime thru my k5 (now major mods)
    so its worth whatever the market will bear... and I wanted a k series I can work on not an electronically controlled wastegated turbo diesel dodge crew at 40 thousand equipped out....30 grand can buy alot of goodies and alot of gas...
    now if I was truely rich (Im not) I wouldnt care I could buy anything I wanted... then again even if I was I would own k trucks....
    so that about says it all folks... I got pretty much what I was looking for... and now I have a fleet of chevies... each one has a model sixty and a 14 bolt, 205 and an sm465 and auto.... and I can work on each one...
    tell that to the guy whose engine light has come on after hes sucks some water into the black box....or his electronic transfer case vacuum pump front axle engaging device fails... while I pull my 205 lever
    so I think.....
    HEY THIS WAS A GREAT DEAL
    /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif
    cam

12. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Congratulations! Its always nice to get another truck whether it is a true cherry like yours or a true beater like 2 of myne.

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't tell 84ChevyK10(Tim) you paid that kind of money for a 15 year old truck. He'll call you stupid......only because he doesn't quite understand how the world works yet /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sounds like a great find, brother. You've got everything you need(size, 4x4, power)in one package. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That actually made me about spit soda laughing! Dang you! You also have too consider stuff like here in CA finding a truck like this is really hard, so you have to pay to go out of state sometimes, because the demand here is way way high. Not to mention you cannot go to a dealer and lay down money for anything new that compares to the beefiness of an older truck like this. Sure you can get stuff today that is pretty slick and sweet, but this just kicks butt. Not too mention price wise, nothing new could touch this.