Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck shakes at higher speed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Sep 4, 2000.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

my trucks front end started to shake at like 70 mph and i have no idea why besides maybe the berrings but i just got new ones so i dunno if u can help please do .......thanks

2. Mud Bath

Mud Bath Registered Member

you might have a bent rim

3. DaveBlazer

DaveBlazer Registered Member

have your tires balanced and make sure your lugs are all snugged down, one may have been missed when the bearings were done. When you have your tires balanced ask the mech if he noticed anything like one tire didn't balance right. A bent rim, mud on the rim or a broken raidel belt in the tire can cause it.
    Good luck
    Dave

[​IMG] BLAZER FEVER!! ITS CONTAGIOUS. [​IMG]
    <font color=yellow> 88 </font color=yellow><font color=black>K5<font color=black>

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

take one thing at a time....start from the outside in.
    check the lugs. then go for the tire balance. next the tires and rim. then check your rotor, axle (but usually these will cause vibrations at all speeds).

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

5. Casey 86K5

Casey 86K5 1/2 ton status

my Camaro had a similar problem a while back and I checked everything in the front end and it was all good, it turned out to be a U-joint. I never thought that a bad u-joint could cause a front end vibration but after I got both of them replaced the vibration went away. Just my two lincolns..
    Casey86K5

6. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Ha ha, my sister's Jeep has the same problem, it was in a wreck a few months ago, and still isn't fixed. I think the insurance co of the person that hit her is going to buy it. When you hit like 65, it starts to rattle really bad. They have had tons of people look at it, including 2 dealerships. They have also put on 4 new Good Year Tires and had them balanced 2 times. Either it isn't the same problem or they don't know anything, I will print this post out for my dad.

Dawson
    88 K5

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

That happened to mine not to long ago and it was a u joint.

90K5

8. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Check your rear driveshaft. It may be loose where the yoke is. It will probably feel tight. If so put the transfer case and transmision in nuetral and then give it a shake. If it wiggles you need your driveline rebuilt.