Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck shakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FatBoyBlazer, Apr 17, 2002.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i just put 36's on myblazer and when ever i go over a bump the truck will start to shakes side to side...is this the infamous death wobble????? also i've got no steering stabalizers would those help

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

sounds like the same problem that I was just having. What kind of shocks are you using? I just about lost all steering whenever I went over a dip in the road. My problem was that I had my shocks at too soft of a setting (rs9000's set at 1) so the axle would drop really fast changing the angle of the draglink so fast that the wheels would turn and the steering wheel would stay in the same place. The solution was to put my shocks on a stiffer setting (#3 on all four front shocks) and my problem was pretty much solved. It says you put on new tires, but is there a new lift too? What front axle do you have? Do you have crossover steering or stock? Fill out your profile so we can help answer your questions a little better.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I used to have the same problem whenever I ran a tire wider than 12.5's. Dual stabilizers masked it OK but then I found a bad drag link joint and my passenger side wheel bearings were somewhat shot. Replaced all that and with a single stabilizer it is all gone. I hav'nt tried running without a stablilizer at all, big tires like to catch ruts. So mabey check out your steering pieces by having somebody wiggle your steering wheel back and forth and see if you can see some slop somewhere. A stabilizer would help also...