Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck value?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by im_2gr82h8, Dec 17, 2001.

1. im_2gr82h8

im_2gr82h8 Registered Member

Unforctunately it looks like I'm gonna have to sell my truck to pay for college. The problem is that I know how much $ I have put into it, but I don't know what there going for. The truck is a 80 Jimmy with 4" lift on 35*14.5*16.5 swampers (1000- 2000 miles) New black paint job, lund visor, bushwacker fenderflairs, 14bff, dana 44 3/4 ton up front. New rear drive line, all new brake parts except mastercylinder, passenger side line and and main line to rear. Sport seats out of datona, (drivers power) 6 dick sepec lights, cowl on hood. But this is the best part, 76 olds 455 bored to 462 w/ rv cam (around 38,000 miles? spedo wasn't working for a while) 350 trany w/ shift kit, and 205. extra set of doors, and front drive line. of course the list goes on and on. any idea on what it's worth. I know its no where near what i've put into it but dont watn to sell if for less that what they are going for.

2. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

I wish you were based in Canada. I just totalled my '90 K5 Silverado on Friday. I'm going to be in the market for a new rig as soon as the insurance dcides what the value is on my truck. As far as your value goes, check one of the many value finders on the net. I don't have a clicky for you but they are not hard to find.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I can't really speak to it's worth but my best suggestion would be to look at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.traderonline.com>www.traderonline.com</a> for trucks similar to yours. That may give you some pricing ideas.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

sounds like a $10-$8000 truck down here(Louisiana)...might get that for it if you found another enthusist other than that the average jow blow rarely pays over $5000 unless its a really cherry rig which yours sounds like....just my opinion

Granny LOW and let her GO!!
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

5. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

Base price for a stock good conditoin truck like yours that is no rust almost mint condition lists for $3,755. But add in the lift tires motor, that sort of stuff. My conservative estimate would be around $8000 maybe $9000 but that might be pushin it. This is of course as long as it is a clean truck, like no intereior trim missing, body is rust free, good paint job. If it is a 50/50 truck(looks good at 50mph at 50 feet away) then you are probably lookin at around $4500-$5500. Hope this give you somet sort of idea. Let me know what it sells for if you do end up seelling it.

73 Blazer 1Ton 6inch lift, 3 inch body, 36 inch swampers
    79 3/4 ton suburban, soon to be 6 inch lift, 3 inch body, and 44 in boggers. Oh ya

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Good luck getting half of what you put in to it. Its worth what someone will pay for it, and unfortunately, most people looking for a rig like yours aren't going to pay more than $3-4000 dollars. People with big money are looking at SUV's because they are COOL anymore, not because they are capable. Besides, big tires makes it hard for soccer mom to get in.

All my opinion, but its based on what I have seen similar vehicles go for, or not, based on what people were asking for them. You are dealing with a very niche market.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?