Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Wont Move

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big_bad_blazer, Mar 5, 2003.

1. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

ok hear we go. i had a 350 that locked up on me so i proceted to buy a 406 the 406 was conected to a 700 r4 trans. mine on the outher hand was a th350 i put th moter in and when i got the moter proforming the way i wanted i put it in drive and the truck would not move. my tork converted was smaller then a 700 r4s so i added shims inbetween the fly weel and the tork converter. it moved before /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif so i was just wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction . thanks for any help

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

First, check the obvious...fluid level t-case in gear, and everything hooked up...

Now you said the th350 torque converter is samller than the 700r4 TC? is it smaller in diameter or in depth?Why not swap in the 700? just a thought...make sure that the TC is seated FULLY on the tranny input...

Chris

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Oh, and fill out your profile before you get ousted....
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Chris

4. big_bad_blazer

ok well the tranpher box was never un bolted for the tranny i left all that to gether. could any one help me out

5. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

My guess is that the TC isn't seated right, but I don't know much about auto's

6. big_bad_blazer

ok if the tork converter was not all the way in how would i check that, and do you guys have enny outher explinations for this hapaning /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

ok first off let me ask this question what transmission and torque converter do you have in there? if it's the 700 with the 350TC you will burn up the tranny + it wont work. It won't seat all the way in. If you have a 700r in it you need a 700r TC, If you have a th350 in it then you need a th350 TC ok hope this helps.