Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck won't start, help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thezentree, Apr 1, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

truck won\'t start, help!

my truck will not start. its a 97 vortec 350. it turns over fine, it just will not catch. i think its a fuel pump issue, as when the key is turned to "on" without crankin the motor, i cant hear the fuel pump as i normally can. also, the fuel distributor thingamadoowhack under the throttle body/intake is making a real crappy sound, like its struggling.

anyway, all the fuses are good, i think the relay is good (i'm goin to go check as soon as i get out of class), and i have almost a full tank of gas. it ran fine this morning, no hint of a problem, and suddenly it will not crank. save me, if my truck stops working, i'm doomed to a PT Cruiser /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Re: truck won\'t start, help!

nevermind, its runnin. a friend of mine suggested beatin the tar outta the gas tank to free the fuel pick-up, which apparently will get stuck above the top of the fuel. well, it worked, and i'm home now. so thanks for the ..help /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif