Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

%$&^* truck.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trouble1, Feb 25, 2003.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

What in the Hell made me think even momentaraly about redoing my blazer???? I freaking work on houses, they make sence...now I'm ripping apart a damn bl;azer, and nothing is going back where it came from, and my bucket of spare stuff that God only knows where it came from is a 55 gallon bucket..Sorry, just had to vent. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way at points. Like when I'm doing a mod and those damn rusted bolts won't come out, or something electrical doesn't work - I think, "why am I doing this, I hate working on my truck." Then, when it's over, I get this wonderful feeling and start looking for more stuff to spend money on and install. I don't know if it's a hobby, obsession, or insanity?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

know how ya feel had finally got my truck running good, remember awhile ago posts in tech cuz it was pumpin oil out the dipstick, had one bad cylinder rebuilt, but then the pan leaked really bad. Like a quart every 4 days or so. Anyway it got leaking less and less finally not at all. ALso the pwr steering box quit leaking. Then today i go to get it inspected. Moron revs the thing to god knows how high and its pumpin oil out the dipstick again! HE BLEW MY FRICKIN ENGINE! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

4. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Ok take a deep Breath ok now hold it.........Keep holding...........Now slowly let it all out... I said slowly ......Now don't you feel better /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

We all go though this Dave

Eric

5. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

i dont know if i feel better, but ya made me laugh.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Highlander

I have days that I would just love to go out and kick that money sucking pig, But in a small way I enjoy what I do with it when it's done
    That must be my kinky S&M side /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I put this on the sides
    [​IMG]

Eric

7. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

...dude, I gotta have one of the stickers....It fits so well... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Highlander

I'll what I can do for ya. I have talk to jeff at Lyons Design he makes some very cool sticker so maybe he would make some. But I ot those at a Speed Shop here in Denver. I had once that had the same background as that one but is said something else and if I can think of I'll let you know but it was funny as well.
    If I ever get the money to run down to the springs I'll get you some.

Eric

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I do just fine on the truck,but,just put a hammer or saw in my hand and I know exactly what you mean.Setting up gears is a peice of cake,but,whoever told the wife to want a three way light switch should be shot. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

i need to start doing deals....renovations for blazer work..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Eric... I'm up in Denver all the time. I 've been driving up there to try to find work 2 - 3 days a week...

12. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

That's great! I think everyone on here should have one of them!

13. Highlander

Dave
    I got that decal at Ontrack perfomance. They are off Dartmouth and Platte river drive.

Eric

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Moron revs the thing to god knows how high

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER let the inspection station sit in the drivers seat. I sit there and ask him how high he wants it in order to do the inspection. Then I run the gas pedal... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i need to start doing deals....renovations for blazer work

[/ QUOTE ]

DONT DO IT! Or if you do, get it in writing. Ask how much for the work the mechanic would do if done for cash. You tell him how much you would charge for the work you are doing. Then he will prolly do a SH!T job...

That's what's happened to me when I tried to trade for work. I wired 3 phase 240 AC for his lift rack and lathe. It went all over his shop... Did a nice clean job and it was done in two days. In trade he was supposed to build and install a new rear bumper. I pay for my materials and he pays for his.

Well it's been over a month now. The first time he did it all wrong and not at all like I told him I wanted it. He screwed up all my wiring for the tail lights and back up lights. I can't use the tow hitch and can't get my tail gate out cuz he mounted the bumper too high. That took 2 weeks.

Brought it back in cuz he said he wanted to make me happy. So I brought it back in on Monday and told him I needed it by Friday. He didn't start it till the following Monday (two days ago) and then asked me to come in to show him what I wanted. Geeeesh.... I had to argue with him about it and now it's wednesday and it aint done. He seems to think that I don't mind if he takes forever on it. Low priority I guess. He also heard me talking about how I was going to do some fender trimming in the future and so he decided to do me a favor and trim the rear fenders for me with his plasma cutter. WHAT A HACK JOB! Trimmed them 2 inches too high without even asking me and now the body frame is exposed... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Irreversable dammage...

I will never trade for work again. I will pay cash and if he wants something done he can pay me in cash... Course I will never use him again for anything.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. Highlander

I used to have one on my FJ-40 that said

Caution
    This Vehicle will Crash or
    Explode for no reason

And it was done in the same back ground as the other one.
    I have one on mt K5 that says " Remember when wheeling was dangerous and sex was safe"

Eric

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Can someone enlarge this ??? I'm not that computer savvy.

18. Highlander

Here you go Paul
    [​IMG]

Eric

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I wnat one to read--CAUTION!!This truck contaminated with 4wheel fever.If you're close enuf to read this you've got it.There is no cure.Only known treatment is LOW GEAR WINE on the ROCKS and regular MUDBATHS. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif