Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trucked Growed Up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Here's my 12 year old. My "big" 33's don't look so big at all and they are only 2 weeks old! Put on the Rough Country 4" spring lift, shocks, wheel u-joints, repacked bearings, replaced front pinion seal, turned rotors and put in new pads up front. Put in a new gas tank since the old was leaking. Straps were easy to take off because they were nearly non-existent! Little bit of rust. Now, with the new tank, she won't start. Everything is hooked up and there is power going to the fuel pump but nothing happening. The new sending unit and pump are getting put in tonight. Keep your fingers crossed! All I got to drive it was while it was being pushed out of the shop and into the parking spot /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    [​IMG]

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I didnt get the title and the first line but yer rigs Lookin good /forums/images/icons/wink.gif maybe some ck5'er style trimmin and a set-o-35's and youll have me nervous /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Bret73

Bret73 Registered Member

I'd like to know how the new Rough Country rides once you get it going.

Looks good! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Sure, I'd like 35's but get this - my lovely truck has 2:73's in it right now. Can't do much about it til next year at the least. Sure is looking better. I just got off the phone getting a sitter so I'm set for a night of work!

5. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif 2:73 /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif wholy _ _ _ _ !! where the #@%$ was that made? on a downhill factory? what were they thinking? are you SURRREEEE? thats a CAR rearend!! it HAD to have been stuffed in there by someone previous. if that was the case 33's must be hell on yer tranny, less yer a sm465 and usin granny low for 1st? like i did for 1 year /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

That was according to the factory codes as per the glove box. I don't think, especially after the amount of torching that had to be done to put in the leaf springs and the condition of the rest of the truck, that anyone would have bothered to change the gearing. I might possibly get to pull the diff cover tonight if the fuel sending unit and pump replacement go ok. I'd really like to see with my own eyes what is in there. I have a 700R4 til it pukes out on me. Then I will go with SM465 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

My 79 K10 has 2.7(?) gears. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif It really sucks!!! It runs 2000 rpm @ 70 mph with a th350 and 33s. And forget about towing anything. I know it's pretty hard on the tranny, especially with a 350+ hp 350, so I doubt that 700r4 will last too long. My next upgrade is gonna be axles with 4:10 gears. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Truck looks good, by the way. Do you have any body lift on it or just the 4" susp.?

8. uglychevyZZ4

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Truck looks good, by the way. Do you have any body lift on it or just the 4" susp.?

[/ QUOTE ] mine or hers? mines all susp, cept im makin a custom body lift for it now.. cant tell ya any more or id have ta kill ya /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I was talkin bout Polaris's truck, but yours looks good too. What size tires do you have on it now?

10. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Hey It all take's Mass. Time! You're Doin a Great Job! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'll take a better pic tomorrow if I can. Drove it home tonight, gas leak, not good. Felt GREAT to drive though, and that really feels like more than 4" of lift! I actually have to jump up in sorta. Hope my kiddos don't hurt themselves getting in and out! I really think the Rough Country lift is not 4" like it says. My rear brake lines are tight (extended on order) and front driveshaft too short (spacer on order). No body lift, just 4"(or whatever) springs all around. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Good luck with your axles. My hubby got his 14FF and D44, Gov-Loc in the rear and some kind of limited slip front with 3:73's for $175. I am trying to get him to upgrade his, so I can get the "hand-me-downs". I know 3:73 isn't ideal but it would be better than what I've got!

12. uglychevyZZ4

Im runnin 35x12.50x15 i gave up the 15.50 for now, too wide, rocks in the mirrors sukk ass. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

13. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Well they are a little "rough" I think. It rides like a truck. My hubby calls it soft in the front and hard in the rear. The front springs were used, rear were new. I don't mind a truck that rides like a truck, though!