Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truckliner question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Jun 8, 2003.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Just pulled all the carpet out of the blazer only to find the bed to be corpsed up on the inside /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. It looks like wrinkled aluminum foil. Im going to put bedliner in but dont want to have to see the damage all the time and its way to much to fix or even putty. Any ideas or advice would save me alot of time. I was thinking of putting something like a plywood panel in there but wasn't sure how that long that would last wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
    -Kell-

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

por 15! thats what im always hearing on here, do that then bedliner it...

3. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Rust is not the problem. its just that the metal looks like Oprahs thighs, theres no way to fix it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I need to find a way to cover it without having something that cant handle flexing out the blazer. thanks anyway.
    -Kell-

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I say take a good wire wheel on a grinder or just a grinder to the whole thing. That would take care of the problem. Might be more work than you want though

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Take a disc grinder or a coarse wire wheel to it and spot and fill primer it. If that's too much like work take the disc grinder to it and Herculiner the whole floor.

6. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

You could always Rhino line it if you have the money.

7. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Thanks for the suggestions, but its so wrinkled that Im gonna need something to cover it, especially since its on both sides and looks terrible /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. theres already alot of other dents I have to take out so something rather simple and quick would be the best. It's amazing how much stuff the carpets can cover up /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.
    -Kell-

8. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Dosent POR15 make you rig weight 2490148LBS?

9. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

How about por 15 or truck bed liner then cover it with a rubber bed mat? That's what I've got in mine right now. Keeps the rattling down! Only other thing I could think of would be a few dozen cans of bondo. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif