Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truckperformance.com and/or summit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mini_mull, Jan 28, 2005.

1. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anyone has ordered parts from truckperformance.com and/or summitracing.com. If so, how's the customer service? Any praise or complaints?

2. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    I order ALL of my K5 Blazers parts off from summitracing.com. They are realy good. Fast shipping, good customer service.
    Thanks
    Adam

3. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

delt w/ summit & i have delt w/ jegs, i don't like summit & i think their customer service suxs.

i buy most of my mail order engine parts from jegs.com

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i can't say about mail order for returns ,but i did order rims from summit and i ordered the wrong bolt pattern so i drove from detroit area to almost PENNSYLVANIA to swap e'm.so they dropped the return charge.:dunno: :)

5. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Summit took care of me with next day shipping when a package arrived damaged.

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I've ordered stuff online from Summit twice. Both times the items arrived quickly and safely. The second package was delivered to a military address, and they had no problems with it. Other mail-order companies did have problems with that, even after a phone call to confirm the address and explain the situation...

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

been buying from Summit for nearly 20 yrs. they've always been good to me, never a prob.... never a prob with Jegs either.. :D

i have that other place in my links, but have never used them... might wanna check em at reseller ratings or something...

8. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I've never had problems with summit. Truck performance is another story. I ordered my cowl hood from them & it finally took about 4 months to get it. They kept telling me it would ship in a week then the factory had to make more. Then the factory had put in on the wrong truck. I would not buy from them again:mad:

9. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Had no probs with summit :D

10. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just spent like 2500 with Summit and no problems so far. Stuff should be here on Monday. They called to verify my order and I have ordered from Jegs previously with no problems, but Summit smoked their prices on this last order so went with Summit.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I wouldn't deal with TruckPerformance. I use them as a database to find out what is out there and that is it. Do they make a turbo or supercharger kit for "blah blah blah" if they do its likely listed there.

Dealt with Summit a hundred times and never had a single problem. They ship from Ohio so in Eastern PA I get stuff within 2 days for ground pricing. I'm in Western PA, I think I will have my rims shipped here just to see how fast it is :)

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I had a serious problem with Summit about 5 years ago so I never deal with them anymore. They were very rude to me on the phone and I really needed what I ordered and I didn't get it for 6 weeks. I paid extra to have it in 4 days and I didn't see it for 6 weeks.

Truck Performance.com, I've got no complaints with the business I did with them.

Jegs I'm very happy with.

And of course, I am a vendor now so I don't have to deal with their crap anymore. :grin:

13. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

I have been ordering from summit for years and have had great service. They even took back some headers that had a pin hole in them and way past the warranty period. I took the headers to the reno store and the replaced them no charge. Plus I always get my orders the next day being in California. Very convinent.

14. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I agree I've had 2 instantces where this has happened they are great and fast if it is in stock but if the item is backordered they fail to let you know ecspecially if ordering online, I order from jegs now plus if jegs has the item backordered they will give you a deal on upgrading:grin:

15. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have spent Thousands at Summit and never had a problem. Excellant rating from me

16. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I use Summit or Ebay for parts. if I cant get it for cheap on Ebay I buy it from Summit. I order from Summit, the parts are usually here in 24 hours. Never had a problem with them. very easy to deal with. Even on returns. Found its better to order all the parts you need at once. They have free shipping but do have a basic handling charge that costs the same $ wether you order 1 part or 20

17. chevydan3

chevydan3 1/2 ton status

I live in Reno so Summit's Sparks, NV store is about 10 min from home. I have never had any problems with them. I like there speed points program, they keep track of what you spend with them and when you reach $1000 they send you a gift certificate.

18. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i do the same thing. i've spent thousands at both summit and jegs . never had a problem once. summit has more truck specifc parts so ive used them more. i got my arb lockers, superior gears, thorley headers, and many many smaller parts. everything has always arrived almost immediatly, except for the headers. but they said on the web site that it was backordered. plus i got a call from a rep that same day to make sure i understood this. he said 30 days to be safe, but most likely in 2 weeks or less. got them 10 days later.

summit has always beaten other mail order or local shops by a large margin. i think my headers were 400, local speed shop wanted 580. if jegs carries the same part, it is usually the same price.

like thunder said, order everything u need at once to save on handling charges.

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Oh how I wish everyone would do this. I could cut such awesome deals if everyone spent a fat chunk of change at a time. :grin: Not that I feel my prices are bad, but its just so much easier to cut a great deal on a big order.