Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRUCKS ! ...... air times ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Jan 6, 2002.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Does TRUCKS ! air real late at night too.....I want to see this week's show since I missed it so far .........just want to see them get the Project Big Blaze stuck.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Really, I've been so dam busy I haven't seen it in a long time.
    Did they ever finish it?????
    I wish they could bring it out for all of us to test drive in Moab this coming summer...hehe

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Yup, I was watcing last week's show and Stacey was going to be taking it out to work over a bit on the trails this week........ The guys here say he got it stuck and chewed up the fenders !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

4. Storm Trooper

COOL![​IMG]
    I just went and checked TNN in the mtn.s on Direct TV (Sat.) and it's going to be on in 45 min.s.
    Guess I'm staying up [​IMG]
    Thanks for the reminder Riz
    Dave

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Where did you find the air times ?

L8r,

6. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

awesome, it's at 1:30 in the mornin here (seattle,wa) so I just set my VCR. I got my time from my RCA TV (it has a guide thing) you can try tvguide.com

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

7. Storm Trooper

Riz, I just watched it and that Blazer Kicks Butt!
    As they said, "No trailer queen here"
    They did some nice mud and only stuck it once.
    Man, now I know why I'm spending all that money on my truck.
    SWEET....... you have got to see it.
    Thanks again [​IMG]

8. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

^^^^^^ yeah but it only went through twice! lol
    pretty killer truck but couldnt they think of a better color to paint it?

9. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

it was a really good little segment.. gave me new respect for those trucks guys..... that motor sounded pretty good too

10. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

I thought this post was going to be about ramping trucks.

-mxmastermike, the 4000th registered user

11. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

my favorite part was that they let you hear the fenders bouncing off their allterrain tires every time they hit the slightest bump.
    those guys are complete morons without the slightest clue on wheelin', they need to replace them with a couple bimbos in bikinis.
    love the 'tech questions' segment where brainstorm answer the hard ones from readers mail

formerly 77chev

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If my eyes weren't mistakeing me, they are running Goodyear MT/R's! [​IMG]

Mike

<font color=green>"My K5 is purdyur than your sister!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

13. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I definately did notice the tire rubbing sound effects.. but if that means you dont have a clue, well then there are a lot of clueless people around. besides, what would be worse, them editing that part out? or not doing the segment at all? at least it was a blazer and not a jeep or something

14. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Not like it matters...but if anyone taped it, can they see if that was tire rub or, radiator-to-fan shroud noise? Can't remember if they ran belt-driven fan or electricc. Could SWEAR I heard the tell-tale fan noise when he dropped into the river! From sad experience, it sounded familiar....anybody notice the whole front clip bouncing around a bit? Did they do a body lift?

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

15. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

that was just the flimsy chev frame flex, kinda looks like Charley Chaplin wigglin his moustache with the bumper being the 'stache

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The noise sounded like v-belt or serpentine belt squeal from water. I forgot which belt system they chose but as the water splashed up it made the sound then went away (and the only time I heard the noise is as they went through water), which is why I believe it was "belt squeal" and not the fan hitting the shroud or tire rubbing the fender. The tire did hit the fender, but I don't think that is the squeal we heard (tire rub is usually a lower frequency sound, or at least it was in my case).
    As for the show and/or the truck not being good....well I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion, but compared to everything else on tv. I thought it was pretty cool. Granted there are vehicles out there that will kick it's butt, but not your average everyday drivers. Plus they could have just built it to be a trailer queen, but decided to wheel with it. Granted they could have done "tougher" trails, but then again they could have also left it on the trailer. Many people complained about the 10 bolt they used in the front (many said they should have done no less than a D60), but it wasn't your everyday 10 bolt and it was equipped with an ARB. They aren't going to run any ARCA courses so for what "their intended use" of the truck was, it was a good choice. Again some of the segments are a little laim (but there is a section of the market that likes that) but overall I think it is a decent show. Just look at "Crank and Chrome", they are starting to work on lowered imports. There is nothing wrong with that, as there are a lot of the "next generation rodders" that are hopping them up (like the Fords, Chevs, and Mopar's of yester year), but I would rather watch a show that features "Big Blaze" than "Blazin' Type R". Again it's a matter of opinion, but the show is getting high ratings. They have to walk a fine line, show new stuff (as that is what brings in advertisers and $$), while working on the older stuff with "duct tape and chewing gum" fixes for the rest of us (who don't have the $$ for a new 500HP crate motor and 4L80E swap) but who still enjoy watching. Unfortunately (as with any tv program) the almighty dollar rules, considering that, I think they have done a really good job on a weekly basis to put together an interesting show. Would I like them to do a few things different....Sure.....but then again I am not paying their bills (although I wish I had the money to [​IMG]).

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

17. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

well put

18. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    Ah yes, the far advance showtime check that DirecTV gives me, wonder why it took me 2 years to finally throw away the other dish and switch.

I normally check the Saturday &amp; Sunday guide for airtimes (as it changes just about every week), and then let the VCR do it's job while I'm out. Of course I also record Hot Rod TV, Popular Hot Rodding, Car &amp; Driver and even Crank &amp; Chrome and then watch them during the somewhat slower weeknights.

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]