Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trucks and 4x4 Xtreme this week

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 13, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Trucks- How many times can he install a programmer before people get the idea of what it does??? Oh and Stacey says you can use that camera to watch your load.... how would you do that if it needs to be plugged into the trailer plug??

4x4 Xtreme- Decent buildup I think. Too light for me but real world for sure and so far decent. Would I run front and rear revolvers? no... but I wouldn't run those piddly little axles either. Only things I noted(as was in my other thread on this show) backwards boggers, and did anyone see the tube fenders?? I realize they likely didn't make those but whoever did is a hack. The tubing ran down below the frame and just dead ended in mid air. Its tack welded where it happens to bump into the frame at the top and thats it.

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

did they use longer shocks when the did the spring over on the heep? it looked like they were maxed out the 2nd time on the ramp

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

good point, I didn't notice any change of shocks or mention of them. Didn't notice the maxing out either. I just noticed he could have probably ramped more if he just had the back wheel next to the ramp and not on it.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea, I agree, only it's better than almost all the other crap on the tube. I wish they had real truck people producing the show!

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

that show is a joke. 50 bucks for flip kit! na need shocks,steering,brakelines,dshafts,sway bar links if running it. and more. tires wrong. and remove the diff and gear to put in locker what the ? just let here stay home and kick him to the curb please. then take money saved and add :30 min to trucks and call it good.

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

No longer shocks, no longer brakelines, and backwards boggers. Still dissapointed.

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That jeep has some potential, but only after it gets everything replaced that needed replacing after the SOA, and those revolvers are trashed for some good springs. And I laughed at the locker install, but maybe they took the carrier out so that you could see what goes on during the install, which they did a horrible job of covering anyway. Stupid TV....

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no, i think it would've been better had the left rear tire actually been touching something, rather than floating in mid air. their 987 score was definitely BS.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it floated when he RAMMED the ramp but it came back down when he stopped.

10. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

the the show was ok... I noticed the shocks were not even conected. the brake like seam to handle the extra travel so did the shafts. I want to see stacey start working on that truck with the rockwells and 49's

11. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

im done watchin trucks. the last 4 shows that i have seen have been all about plug in programers. sorry stacy move on, there is more to life than making trucks go fast and burning tires off.:grin:

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Yeah I want to see Sgt. Rock get worked on too, Also I wanna see Copperhead go through its paces:grin:

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

.... like?

hehe

They need to stick to having no more than like 2 projects going at once. If you count todays he has I think 3 or 4 going right now. And hes focusing on all the ones no one cares about(except the advertisers). I'd like to see him get back to Sgt. Rock even if it is promoting USA 6x6.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

It went through the paces last week, you missed it.

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i thought i was watching a rerun when he started with the programer:confused: and i said WTF? when stacey said the camera was wireless and could be on the back of a trailer,then said it needed to be pluged in??????????????as far as extreme goes he said they would make the jeep a non DD for basiclly no money. and then had a $5000.00 budget!!!!!!!!! he must have baught the tires and rim's from TIM to get all of them for a grand.:laugh:

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think they were 33s at the biggest. Could have fit far larger tire under there. but would need real axles then. Should have gone to the junkyard and picked up at least some 44s. $5000 does seem a bit on the "high" side but when you think of what you have in your rig, its probably close to that. (well I don't know about yours but I'm sure I have close to that in my crap). I'm no where near done spending money.... in fact I don't have a rig right now... but I will be on 1 tons so $$$ goes with going big.

17. boggerless

i have about $5500.00 in mine not counting the cost of the truck. but they made it out like people could build a truck with what they found laying around and bolt it together with what you find in that coffee can full of bolts we all seem to have.:haha: :haha:

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't have a coffe can of bolts.... I have 2 shelves full of them :D tricked I learned from dad, everytime you have "extra parts" save them on a shelf and you have them to work with later. He has shelves of bolts for the use. I rarely need to go to the hardware store unless I need grade 8 stuff.

19. boggerless

LOL, exactly.:laugh: :laugh: my wife get's pissed cuz i save everything.but in a pinch you know its out there somewhere. pack rats rule:saweet: :saweet:

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dad my alternator is dead can I take your truck to get a new one?

huh? there are 5 upstairs.

heh, what do you know there are.