Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trucks and women

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadtruck, Sep 24, 2003.

1. bigbadtruck

bigbadtruck Registered Member

anyone seen those irok 49 inchers? those things are huge!!! i saw a GIRL driving a new superduty w/ them, THATS THE KINDA GIRLFRIEND EVERYMAN WANTS- or at least me!!!!

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Gotta love a repost!

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i saw a GIRL driving a new superduty w/ them, THATS THE KINDA GIRLFRIEND EVERYMAN WANTS- or at least me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say that...I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to have a page or forum on here for singles looking for a mate? Seems like it would make sense, esp. since most of us want someone that shares our interest. Don't know how many girls are on here, but I know a good many of us are single. Maybe there is a website with personals for people looking for someone that is truck orientated already that we don't know about? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

It's hard to beleive that you, a woman who likes fourwheelin AND the Packers could be single. Those two things add up to GENIOUS!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    It's hard to beleive that you, a woman who likes fourwheelin AND the Packers could be single. Those two things add up to GENIOUS!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

er, that's GENIUS..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sorry, the irony was too much to resist. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So......

HOW YOU DOIN'?/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What would WE call it????
    The CK5 Hook-up???? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe there is a website with personals for people looking for someone that is truck orientated already that we don't know about? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at #6 just below us (CK5 seems to be #5 right now)

How does a cheese head end up in MA (Mass. or Maine?)? Then again I started out in IL and ended up in WA state...

9. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

Im a huge cheese head and Im from S. Georgia

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Just making an observation!! I'm slowly getting my wife into the off road thing. I bought her a K5 to put my 4" lift and some 35s on it for her. She also wants my extra 3/4 axles so that it'll be cabale should the need arise.

The only down fall is, being from Colorado, my wife loves the Broncos. Oh, well, there needs to be a little friendly competition anyway /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Hey, I said she was a genius, NOT me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know a girl with a lifted dodge, 7" lift, and 37"boggers. She has this STUPID licence plate frame that says "silly boys trucks are for girls" It makes me so mad when I think about it because she doesn't know a thing about trucks except that she likes how it looks, "mudding sounds fun", and want's 39.5 boggers. She doesn't get it when I tell her that she is going to break that little 1/2ton dodge into pieces with 39.5's and what pisses me off the most is she will call me to come pull her out and fix her stupid dodge when she breaks it, but I'll laugh when it breaks and walk away. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Anyway I hate it when SOME girls drive fast cars and especially lifted trucks when they don't understand a thing about them. I was suprised how different the CK5 gals are, they are right on with the dudes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You probably won't break a 1/2 ton Dodge with 39.5 Boggers if you never beat on it. She probably doesn't even know how to put it in 4wd.

14. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Being single allows me to Have money for the truck....

Everyone that mentions things like this are typically 765234876528765 miles away anyhow....

Good luck

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I know a girl with a lifted dodge, 7" lift, and 37"boggers. She has this STUPID licence plate frame that says "silly boys trucks are for girls"

[/ QUOTE ]

next time you are driving around take a look and you'll start to notice that women OWN the suv market here in the US. I agree that men are most often seen behind the wheel of trucks, but lets face it, thats only a matter of time. My mom didnt believe me when I mentioned this, so I started watching while we drove back/forth from my apartment (moving out). Anyway, probably 90% of the SUVs we saw had women behind the wheel, the other 10% had guys in em. I definitely remember a time when those numbers were reversed... and it wasnt THAT long ago. IMO, give em another 10 years and men will be completely automotively neutered and women will own/drive all the trucks too. Men will be relagated to 40hp hybrid piece of crap cars that they dont even comfortably fit in. Every once in a while you see a huge/built rig in a 4x4 mag and the guy who built it actually admits that his wife drives it every day and that he just gets it for weekends. the humanity!!!

AFA the singles who like trucks idea... sounds a lil scary, but who knows, could work for some peeps. I have a long term gf so I wouldnt need it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

16. rjfguitar

I have noticed that too but they are all stock SUV's. Most modified vehicles, especially muscle cars and lifted trucks are driven by guys! Lets face it, modifying and restoring cars has been dominated by guys like 95%. I will be damned if I ever drive a little retarded eco. car. I will stick to the heavily modified K5 and soon to be chevelle or camaro. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

17. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

lets see, theres a 69 chevelle in town owned and driven by a woman..theres plenty of fast muscle in this town..and some good percent of the owners/drivers are female...

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dunno about "all stock"... Ive seen plenty of lifted rigs with women behind the wheel. Lots of superdutys and stuff. they may be mall cruisers or whatever, but still... the point is that men are definitely being yanked out of their SUVs and stuffed in the econo-boxes.

j

19. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

My wife drives a GM 4X4 2500HD Deromax and has already bought the 2in leving kit and 33in tires for it I wish I had a digital cammra ai take a pic Ive never seen it not covered in mud It only had 600 miles on it the first time I had to pull her out. Then she got new shoes for it it doesnt get stuck as easy now. The guys at work think its funny I drive a 72 chevy that looks like it whent thew a war zone and she has a new GMC. I let them know if I had A/C and a top on my truck she would drive it. But she likes to not get sweety and wind blown hair on the way to work not mension wet if it rains.
    Earl

20. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    lets see, theres a 69 chevelle in town owned and driven by a woman..theres plenty of fast muscle in this town..and some good percent of the owners/drivers are female...

[/ QUOTE ] What kind of town do you guys live in?? here in Cali there isn't any chicks with muscle cars and only a FEW chicks driving lifted trucks, and when we see one we all think "what the hell is she doing with her boyfriends truck?"