Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trucks on tv

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hammer, Jan 12, 2002.

1. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

did any body see the show trucks on tv today the f*rd bronco, what to look for in a build up project. The truck had a plastic pvc roll bar with padding on it. WTF are people really that stupid? (they didn't do it the bought it that way)

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

YUP! People really ARE that dumb! I knew a guy put a rollbar in an MG made from exhaust pipe! Of course...he was a goofy BODY MAN! I would'nt do mechanical work for this dude after that too much.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

3. HEFTY

HEFTY Registered Member

when i bought my k5 the guy made a big deal about the truck being upgraded from a 75 to a 91. doors tailgate body interior. a few months after i bought my blazer i discovered that the seats and seat belts were mounted to the sheet metal with no backing plates. this was all hidden under the rugs. and the truck passed the state safety inspection (it also had a crack in the frame). if i had gotten in an accident the seat and seat belts would have pulled out of the floor.

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I liked how the idiot mounted the GM ECM and ALDL connector under the hood on that Scrambler.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Of course...he was a goofy BODY MAN!

<hr></blockquote>

Now just what is that supposed to mean?

I am a body man. [​IMG]

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

This particular body man used to drive me crazy by half-assing any mechanical stuff...nothing against body guys. My best man at my wedding was/is a body/painter dude, and an awesome wrench slinger. He has to be, cuz' of running Mopar! LOL!!

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

AAAHHH......Just busting yer chops Ed! [​IMG] I have been called worse things than goofy! [​IMG]

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>