Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRUCKS! topic revisted.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rjfguitar, Feb 25, 2007.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So what ever happened to Stacey? Last time we were all yacking about the show TRUCKS! There was talk that Stacey had a show in the works with ESPN? I take it that fell through?

Anybody out there in CK5 land know whats up with that guy? Like many, I really miss the old TRUCKS! show with him. These two new guys are a couple of goons....:rolleyes:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

3. rjfguitar

Hmm, I thought it was supposed to originally air last fall.

4. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

He needs to take his BS and go back to selling used cars.

5. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

6. 76zimmer

I guess your avatar quote says it all.
    You didn't like his show before i take it?

7. rjfguitar

Stacey is badass, I think. He doesn't screw around with bagged low rider mini trucks like the two new guys have and I like his taste in his parts choice with the build ups he has done in the past. Plus, he seems to be a "natural" at being a show host like that, he does a good job in showing what he's doing and the products he pushes.

8. 1-tonmudder

Not especially,If I had every tool known to man and an unlimited budget I could build some killer stuff too.If he is in fact the builder of all those trucks,then he is very good,but I just cant get past his goofy,cornball jokes and goofy ass way of telling things.In his defense all the other shows on the power block are the same way.I dont need a constant reminder on TV of what I can't afford,that's what all the magazines are for.

9. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Shut up.

10. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

TV shows period are so scripted it's ridiculous. The only show that I like that doesn't seem to be pre-written is "Dirty Jobs". All those Powerjunk shows are like reading a Petersen's publication.

11. buckmtn

buckmtn 1/2 ton status

I have to agree that the two they have on TRUCKS now would be better off selling a set of steak knives on PBS at 2:00 a.m.:haha: Stacy was the man!

12. 76zimmer

at least the TV is free.....

I can't imagine one person could do all he does either, I'm sure he has his grunts...probably where the other guys came from. And yeh he may have his corny side, but he is only human....I've looked at some of my buddys' and know them well enough to say shut the hell up, and then we all laugh about it. He does look like he enjoys what he's doing though, and I'd say just because he kinda started the ball rollin' he's good in my book.
    Lets see what his new show is like then chime in some more.

13. 1-tonmudder

Yeah he might have been made to be that way,but I have a low tolerence for slap stick comedy.Just one time I'd like to see a show junk 10 different trucks to come up with the parts to put one together like us commoners have to.Anybody can build a truck/Jeep/buggy out of a catalog.

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok let me pick this one apart.................
    You also need some talent, without that tools and budget mean jack.
    Do a little research on the guy. He has been building custom rides long before Trucks ever came about.
    It is TV and people of all ages watch it. Not to mention last time I checked the director and producer pretty much have the say so on how the show is going to be broadcast.
    The only other one that comes close to the talent of Stacy is that guy on Muscle Car. The rest of them are douche bags.
    One word.............Sponsors.

15. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Didn't know dreaming of things you can't afford was a BAD thing since it serves as motivation. Sounds like you got personal problems that are stepping in so you can't just watch a freakin TV show. Watch, dream, apply...you just might be able to afford it one day.

16. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Built from a catalog??? Hmm, I don't think so. Obviously you didn't see him build Crazyhorse...built from a catalog??...Not! Sgt Rock?? Again, Not! Hairy Hauler??...Ummm, Not! Plus several of the others that he built in his time on the show. Sheetmetal and fabrication baby...Oh, and a whole lot of skill.

Yes, he did put together quite a few using stuff from manufacturers, i.e...BullyDog, Banks, Currie, etc...things that us "commoners" as you put it can't quite afford, but I believe the point he was making was showing us the stuff that's out there to build Bad*ss rigs. Give us ideas to save for or work towards.

Stacey is/was/and will always be "The Man". I would get down on my knees and worship him if given the chance, the almighty "God of all that is Trucks". Amen.

:bow::bow:

17. 1-tonmudder

Can you afford a $5K ram jet or a set of Pro-rock 60's.I have to be realistic in my "dreams" I have a son to help raise.No personal problems here,I just think it's not right that they push that stuff on people so much.

18. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Stacey kicks ass! Yeah, he has corny jokes, but he isnt an actor or a damn comedian. He builds things and lets you watch. The lines are just part of the TV gig.

19. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Really, if you want to get into that, its probably cheaper for them to use Dynatrac axles and a new GM crate motor. They plug in the name and say its a good product and the part is probably free.

20. 1-tonmudder

The last time I looked James Duff had a catalog.

Dude he bought stuff from everybody on that thing.

Im sorry but that has to be the goofiest thing I heard in a while.How old are you 13??