Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

true dual exaust questinos

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by unick, Apr 16, 2004.

1. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I am getting ready to put true dual exaust on My 87 K5. Im am gonna get hedmen headers, Flowmaster 40 series muffles and 2 cats. Does anyone know of any good cats that I should look into? I know this exaust wont be legal in Cali but I dont care because Im moving soon.

LMK
    Nick

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'm running dual catco cats from Summit. I think I paid about 50 bones each. Their pretty short, about 8 inches long and you can see through them... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

got a part number for those cats??

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you're moving to a state that doesn't have inspections, I wouldn't bother with cats.

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

true but im not sure if TX does. Its a CA truck right now but It will be in Texas next year. Anyone know where I can get that info?

lmk
    Nick

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What part of Texas are you moving to? I believe Houston, El Paso and DFW areas require smog checks. Austin area will start next year or the year after that...can't remember...I have a part number somewhere, but I'll have to dig that biatch up! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

keep it emission legal and just run a cat with dual inlets in and out, same for the muffler, less parts, less weight, less hassle /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Im movieng to either Courpus or the Rio Grande Valley.

Nick

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Honestly a good 3" exhaust is better than duals, esp in EFI vehicles. If your going to run two muff/cats weld in a crossover pipe( either before the cats or right after the cats before the mufflers) to equalize the back pressure your motor will thank you everytime you get on the skinny pedal /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

yea im plannung on using an H pipe.

11. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

the problem with the single 3" exaust is that I have a worn out 4" lift and Im getting contact with the driveshaft and exaust. I dont want to move it any lower because Ill loose ground clearence and Im going to a 6" lift soon.

Nick

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think Fox's is single 3". I'm ditching my dual exhaust when I finish my doubler and going with a setup similar to his:
    [​IMG]

13. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think Fox's is single 3". I'm ditching my dual exhaust when I finish my doubler and going with a setup similar to his:
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif thats pretty damn cool looking /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I just printed that picture I'm going to check my engine bay area when I do my lift... I might take that picture with me to the exhaust place /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

that is cool maybe Ill do that. I wonder how much thats gonna run me.