Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

True Dual Exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Jul 25, 2001.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I need (want) true dual exhaust that is professional grade....however since my Blazer is a 1990 5.7 TBI, no muffler shop will do it since it it only has one cat. I heard that I can order a dual exhaust kit for a 6.2 diesel and that will bolt right up to my stock manifold. I am a cop so ....finding that crooked muffler shop seen on 60 minutes and Dateline won't work....HA HA I live in Wyoming and we have no emissions test so I can get by that obstacle.HELP ME.

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

2. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i have true dual 3inch exhaust on my 85. if you want yours done i can get it done but you need to come to iowa. thats the best i can do for you! lol i spent $300 for mine and thats from headers to bumpers and mufflers..

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

3. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

i had mine done here in fl for 180 no cats frm the headers just b 4 the rear end with turn downs

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee k5s kick a$$ still peein on that ford just have to keep goin

4. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

i had mine done here in fl for 180 no cats frm the headers just b 4 the rear end with turn downs 2 "1/2

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee k5s kick a$$ still peein on that ford just have to keep goin

5. J.R.

J.R. Guest

is it the smooth bends with no crimping? oh and i run no cats, someone stole them right off my truck!! lol

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey,

I live in Wyoming too, and if you where on the other side of the state I'd hook you up with one of those little muffler shops that would do a true dual for you!

I'm got a shop I gonna take my k5 into, and have the cat removed. (same shop already did a true dual on my other k5 with no cats)

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Hooker makes a true dual kit that will go right off the manifolds. I have only seen it listed in the PAW catalog though... I can get you the number if you want.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

8. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Are you going to run CATS or not......If not remove the CAT and Wel in a pipe in its place..... Just tell the shop its an older truck..

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I like the 2 1/4 Duals myself

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I had mine done at a custom place, no midas or anything like that, from the headers, dual cats, etc... think it cost me about 300, but it was that was extra for pipes. I wanted both sides to have the exact same bends in them, even if one didnt need it etc... and no there are no crimps guy did great job! probably wont help you though, he's in New Hampshire! I did try 4 other places in the area first, and none would touch it, due to factory single, but persistence paid off. Keep looking you'll find someone.

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

11. Piranha300

Piranha300 Registered Member

I ordered the dual exhaust from LMC and installed it myself to where the glass packs hook up. Then I took it to Exhaust Pros and had them install a cat back exhaust the way I wanted it. All muffler shops can work on the exhaust from the catalitic convertor location back. The one from LMC has everything with it but I wanted mine to exit straight out the back plus the LMC tails hung to low for me. $150 for the LMC exhaust and $150 for the custom cat back tail pipes. Sound very nice. Good luck!

12. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

13. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info...I will find a 6.2 K-5 and buy some parts.

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

14. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Cut the cat out then tell them you want true duals

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

15. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

man, shops in Wyoming who'll put on true duals with no cats are a dime a dozen. go somewhere that they don't know your a cop, don't bring it up, and don't bustem!

look for a 1 man shop and not a chain, and shop that doesn't other things. go in there, and ask them if they'd be willing to put on a true dual exhaust with no cats.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Get a Dynomax kit from Jeg's, you'll be happy with it, I guarentee it. That's what I have, it's 2 1/4" and it fits great and exits behind the rear wheels (sides). Add 2 of your favorite mufflers to the $100-$110 price (depending if you have headers or not) and bold it on and go!

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles