Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

True or False New radio pumped up dies

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 77blazin, May 18, 2006.

1. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

True or False,
    I heard a rumor that when you get a new radio that is modified or pumped up, if you don't use it for a couple of years and then start it up, it will die.
    Is this true or am I getting the run-a-round.:mad:
    A fella CB man told me this and I couldn't believe it.:confused:
    Mike

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Absolutely false . Its an electronic component . Sure sometimes older components may fail . But just having higher out finals , more modulation , or even more channels will NOT blow up your radio just by sitting .

It is better for longevity , to leave electrical components on all the time in a temperature regulated room . But the only things you would really do that to are computer rooms , and Television stations ( and simmilar stuff ) .

In regular home use , most components are fine . Get that radio out and use it man , just please be responsible when ya speak into it :thumb:

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's a crock of chit. I've had many many radios over the years and never had a problem with letting them sit around a few years in between usages. Infact, My President Lincoln is currently in the closet, and I'd have no fear hooking it up in a few years.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did he offer to buy it from you cheap and save you the hassle of getting it "fixed".....