Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

True story...or not?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Burbinator, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Budweiser incident:

How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the 11th of September, 2001...

Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California.

On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack. The Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event. He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. This is how Kern County handled this situation.

And now the rest of the story:
    It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well. That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit.

At last report, the store was closed indefinitely.

Good old American Passive-Aggressive Ass Whoopin'!

Serves them right...snapperheads!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: True story...

Serves those Arab-cOcKsUcKeRs right!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yep true story..It was in the newspaper awhile ago. I would have done the samething. Then set the store on fire /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Someone should have rammed a remote control airplane into the store just to get those two losers eyes to open and cornholes to tighten up. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I'm gonna see if I can dig up the article on the net... I know it was in the paper,cause that's when I first heard of it. Maybe the newspaper just decided to print it anyways... even though it's false /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

7. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Found these:
    http://www.middleeastwire.com/newswire/stories/20010918_1_meno.shtml
    http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/09/WTC.html

And this text from the New York Times:
    I added the bold tags.

NATIONAL DESK | November 21, 2001, Wednesday
    A NATION CHALLENGED: THE DETAINEES; Dozens of Israeli Jews Are Being Kept in Federal Detention

By TAMAR LEWIN with ALISON LEIGH COWAN (NYT) 1320 words
    Late Edition - Final, Section B, Page 7, Column 1
    ABSTRACT - Dozens of Israeli Jews who sold trinkets at shopping malls around United States are among over 1,100 people detained since Sept 11; some have been held by Immigration and Naturalization Service for nearly month for working without proper papers, minor offense for which foreigners are not usually detained; INS has invoked special post-Sept 11 laws to keep some Israelis in jail without evidence of link to terrorism probe; Israeli consulate says there are about 50 in detention now and that some have been freed; people familiar with cases believe law enforcement officials are really interested in companies that offer young Israelis and perhaps others in Mideast help in coming to and working in United States; immigration officials in New York begin deporting five young Israeli men held since Sept 11, when they aroused attention in New Jersey by going to unusual lengths to photograph World Trade Center ruins and making light of situation; five are Oded Ellner, Omer Gavriel Marmari, Paul Kurzberg, Sivan Kurzberg and Yaron Shmuel; photo (M)

Available at this link http://query.nytimes.com/search/abstract?res=F7071FFD3D5E0C728EDDA80994D9404482

If you need to login try login: fubar password: fubar

I didn't see the incident with the "five young Israeli men held since Sept 11, when they aroused attention in New Jersey by going to unusual lengths to photograph World Trade Center ruins and making light of situation" disputed at Snopes.com. I'm not saying the report is completely accurate but I'll trust it more than the story regarding the "Arab-". Maybe Israeli-cocksuckers is more accurate? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Gotta drink my Bud ice to that.

9. Burbinator

Now why did Snopes have to ruin it!!!???

10. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

"If a deal sounds too good to be true then it probably is." /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. Burbinator

Well then, I guess we'll tweak the title a bit...