Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truggy fuel tank location question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, May 20, 2004.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

The truggy is coming along /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif/forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif/forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif/forums/images/graemlins/weld.gifand the tank location is next, Im set up alot like kidjethro and I located my tank so that the lip around it is above the frame rail instead of being below which raises it about 6-7".....Has anyone ever suffered a fuel delivery problem sitting higher with gravity and all?
    And or with fuel injection? The injection is gonna be a while since im not that familiar with camaro FI like I am pickups, alot more dumb relays to mount and sort...right now its on the floor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Did you start cutting up your blazer more?

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

It would actually help it flow, since the stock style pump is gravity feed. Just make sure you have a nice spot picked out for the pump for when you go electric for the fuel injection, most electric pumps have to be so far above/below the fuel tank.

4. uglychevyZZ4

yes, big time. im using the stock in tank style pump /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I prefer the in tank due to easy availability and longevity. As for mounting it high, should be no problem except for effect on CoG, but no biggy if it doesn’t get too far out of hand. I go to great efforts to keep everything low, but still my CoG is way too high just due to chassis restrictions. That’s one of the big reasons I want to build a real buggy…

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

hehe, So here I see another excuse to bust out some pictures.. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

that tank is money. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Lets see some pics Rob. I just cut about 12 in off the back of my truck last week. Looks great. My departure angle increased allot. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    that tank is money. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    that tank is factory enclosed in a custom made box. I will be mounting mine in the sameplace whenever I get off my lazy butt.

10. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    hehe, So here I see another excuse to bust out some pictures.. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif dude whered the rear 1/4's go? it looked hella sweet with those still on!
    Don... pics....what pics? of what? I have no idea what your talking about /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. Zeus33rd

Well, I still have the fenders...but one day while I was trying to work on the gas tank, I got hella pissed off at them being in my way all the time. Sooooo, out came the sawz-all...Now its very easy to work on. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    hehe, So here I see another excuse to bust out some pictures.. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    now it should be easier to do that shackle flip and jinx those poser blocks /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Zeus33rd

Yeah yeah....I'm gathering the parts to do the Spinger/AK-57 set-up. Still gotta get ahold of the Ford springs, and all the bushings. I have the bracket/arm thingys. So lay off my poser blocks butthead...I'm gonna get'em chromed! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. uglychevyZZ4

grrr, everytime i turn around the dumb filler neck is in my way /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif