Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trust?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TruckNutzDude, Oct 20, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Do you trust anybody besides yourself? I'm just curious to see how many of you have had somebody do something to you and moved on to trust other people even though you may be hurt again. An example would be if your girlfriend was sending nude pictures of herself to guys on the internet. If you broke up, would you trust your next girlfriend on the internet even though she could do the very same thing? That happened to me and I have issues with trust, but it's just one example of how people I trusted have screwed me. If you have a story, please share it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have lots of free time and I've been thinking about a lot (read my other posts /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif)

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Nope. For the most part i only trust myself. I really dont want to get into everything because it wouldnt take long for it to turn into a 2 page rant about how bitter i have become over the last couple years.

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm amazed at how often I see this period in other people's lives. Am I suprised? Not really I have had a similar experience and it was from a past girlfriend. I wouldn't say its a trust issue anymore its more of a different maybe more sour outlook. Since that girlfriend that same sort of trust never bothered me because similar situations never arose again(completely different personality type). However I doubt those issues would arise again anyway because the type of girlfriend I seek now I'd hope wouldn't alert me of the need for trust issues if that makes sense. I guess in my eyes, you live you learn, i've seen the mistake made, I'll persue a much more mature relationship, and things like that shouldn't happen again...If they had happened to me repeatedly I might have deeper issues...I think its all about being open and pin pointing the personality of the person that may do this to you before you become involved... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'm a firm believer in a background check in a sense, I wonder if her parents are together or divorced, her past relationships and what happened, her personal self esteem(do you always have to tell her she's not fat, or does she get pissed when she doesn't hear she's pretty to an extent, can she not be with you on weekends and trust you....etc.. etc.) Now when you do find this type and even in the running I think not enough people realize being unfaithful includes your actions, you can't hope to squeeze by with a freebie and expect faithfulness from another....respect is a two way highway /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif so i guess through recovery I do trust people again...the same person maybe not

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yes, I have a few people I totally trust. My mother, My friend Steve, and another friend Drew back in Omaha. Thust a chick ??? I don't know about all that now. I dated a girl who cheated on me, so that's always in the back of my mind.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Dude , not all women are EVIL . I have had the one I THOUGHT I LOVED , she stole my Chevelle for 3 days running around with her idiot tweeker friends and I got it back with the exhaust mangled ( went open headers !! later ) , she stole my money ETC ETC ETC . It happens to a lot of us . And I now have the one I WAS MEANT TO LOVE , my wife loved me when I had nothing and lived with my mommy and played pool with the boys all night .

All you can do is get over it , we all have to sometimes , just don't get serious with a woman until you know she is the one /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

All women are evil bitches. I don't trust any of them further than I can throw them.

Remember that innocent looking redhead that used to post on CK5?

I rest my case. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I only trust myself, and with some things I trust my mom. My family has had some problems in the past... its a long story.
    I used to trust one of my "best" friends, although she was a girl.
    It feels like all my best/good friends are floating away.