Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trxus Mud Terrains

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Feb 9, 2006.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey everyone, i plan on getting some tires in the future, i am getting some 38-40" tires. I DD my truck about 10,000miles a year. The Trxus Mud Terrains are looking pretty good. How are they for wear factor on the road, also where is the best place to buy some? any complaints?

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Didnt someone ask this last week?? Or 2 weeks ago?? :dunno:

3. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

My friend has them on his ford, just a 33 though. I'm not sure about milage. You might want to check out ground hawgs, they last a while and are avaliable in 40's. I have purchased a set of tires from 4wpw, when they had free shipping.

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I was just looking at a couple of threads about these tires and the consensus was they suck...or at least that is what I heard. Now, to balance that out, I actually have a set of 35's on my rig right now and they seem to do OK so far. If I could figure out what the hell everybody is talking about when they say TSL's (boggers, SX, Thornbird???) I might get so eof those when I go the 38-39" territory, or even 39.5 Iroks if I can fit them withou having to move the front axle.

My point is that the Truxs worked well int eh dirt last week and are pretty quiet and smooth on the road. IMO.

5. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

They arent very good off road, but they are nice on road. I think the only reason they did ok offroad for me was because of the shear size (mine are 44x21) and because the stuff I went through wasnt very nasty. At the time though I was in 2wd and open in the rear. I think the size is the biggest factor though.

6. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Great all round tire. Great in snow and ice too. I'm happy so far.

7. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Size eh? :D