Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRXUS STS Tires @ 4 Wheel Parts in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Slayer, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    I just wanted to let any C Springs wheelers know that Travis at 4 Wheel Parts on Academy is one striaght up and very helpful guy.
    He got me a set of the new Interco TRXUS STS tires, and they are very cool. Not meant for mudding and rock climbing, but since that truck is a daily driver, I needed something that was good on ice, snow, sand and pavement.
    Travis was willing to just talk about stuff, let me browse through the catalogs, and just seemed to care about helping people out.
    If you're in the neighborhood, check out the shop.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

How do those tires work on the street? I was looking at them, but I heard that Interco uses a softer rubber, so even their all terrains wear out faster. I hit the sand and snow a lot, but also drive to San Diego from San Luis Obispo a lot too, so I need a street-friendly tire. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Don't know about the STS, but went to the local shop (not 4WPW) yesterday and talked to them about the TRXUS MT's. Several guys around these parts runnin' them w/ about the same wear as a BFG MT or Goodyear MTR, or so I was told. Looks like what I'll be getting.

John

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I just installed a set of 33" TrXus M/T last week.
    People Ive talked to who tried them say they work very well in all conditions. Yes, they are a softer tire and Interco rates them around 30,000. As with any soft tire, keep things aligned, balanced and rotated.