Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TrXus tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toy4x4runner, Sep 28, 2005.

1. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

I finally got a firt hand look in person of the gy MT/R's on truck in a local parking lot. They were not as aggressive as I thought they would of been, even the pics I have make them look more aggressive, but in person it's a different story. I need something a bit more aggressive in the mud. But still Streetable and somewhat Rockable. so I think I'm gonna get the TrXus. they have Siping, nice side lugs, and they're lighter than most Swampers. kinda of like Swampers all around tire. I'm looking to get them in the 37x12.50R15 on a 15x10 Rim. does anyone have that set up? how tall are they "actually" on the truck with that configuration?

2. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

I would think that the TSL's would be a closer "all around" tire than the trxxus. At least they never did me wrong on my other truck (mudder/daily driver)

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I've been running the Trxus MT's on my 97 for about 2 years now and have no complaints except for there performance on Ice but thats the same for most MT's

4. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

I'm just trying to figure out how tall a 35" & 37" trxus would be on a 15x10 rim. I don't trust the charts.

alf4444- How do your Trxus compare to the MT/R's you had?

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy some Trxus tires online?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Well if you want a mud tire then you don't want an MT/R. MTR's are not a true mud tire and don't do very well in the mud. MTR = Maximum Traction Reinforced, not Mud Terrain like many people think.

Harley

6. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Ive had my 35 inch trxus tires for a year and a half with 80% of my driving done around town and I love them. Ill never buy another tire for my truck. I dont know about using them in the rocks cause we dont have anyplace to do that here lol. They make almost no noise on the highway, are load range E and 10 ply, drive great on the road and wear very good. As far as offroad goes, ive never been disapointed in them. Theyre as good in mud as any streetable tire ive seen. And on ice and snow, theyre unbelievable, I dont know why anybody would say theyre not. I do a lot of snow driving in the winter on some very bad roads and a lot of times last year I had the only truck that could make it out to where I live. I plan on getting the 37's when my 35's wear out.