Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRXUS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 7, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Im not talking about the brand new traxusSTS im talking about the mt's are they made by Interco? Is anyone running these? how do you like them are they worth the money I think I want to get 35x12.50x16's so are they radials? and how load are they?

2. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i'm thinking of getting a set also.my buddy had a set of 285/75 16's on his dodge and they were really quiet.kind of like bfg mud's but quieter.as for mileage don't know my buddys got a lead foot so he's always frying the tires?

3. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

So far I luv 'em. Nice road manners, but still enough noise to remind you what you have. I'd compare 'em to the old Buckshots (luved those too). Truxs work exceptionally well on ice. Mounted on '80 3/4t Bourbon, 255/85/16's open diffs (sadly). Only regret is that when I got 'em there wasn't a taller size. Or maybe I couldn't afford the taller size, can't remember which.

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Go to Interco's web site. The load ratings are on the same page as the tires. **Oops -
    you were asking about how loud they were, not how load they were. My bad.**
    I'm running 33x12.50 R15's MT's on 15x10 Rockcrawlers. Yes - they are radial. They
    don't handle that well on a two lane country road at 55 mph. Of course, my blazer
    is not a race car either. I have to 'think' about the next curve that comes up.
    Expressway driving is no problem. They are pretty quite. They are a dream in
    downpours! I haven't had a chance to test them in mud yet, but a friend tells me
    they are absolutely incredible. I think they're worth the money. My blazer is not a
    daily driver, so I'm not too worried about how long they'll last. They should last
    me a while.

One more thing - DON'T try to put 33's on a stock suspension blazer with saggy
    springs! These tires are really 33". And if you do and you end up trimming fenders
    like I did /forums/images/icons/blush.gif - don't bitch - cause this board is very unforgiving sometimes!! LOL!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif