Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Try to be nice guy.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pauly383, Jan 22, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The store I manage sells appliance parts. I am not supposed to work on anything , but I help people anyway ( nice guy I am ). Well some dude in a Cadillac sts comes in , I get him set up with what he needs for his icemaker. Proceed to install the peice on his icemaker. When it comes time to pay he argues with me over the price, I give him a discount on top of the built in one I give people. And after all that he still looked at me like I owed him money . DARN I wanted to shove HIM in into the ashtray of his caddy!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds typical. You give somebody an inch and they take a mile. I've learned all about that being a landlord. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds typical. You give somebody an inch and they take a mile. I've learned all about that being a landlord. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!!

4. pauly383

I know better. But I end up trying to help people anyway. Oh well, hopefully what goes around comes around. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket ? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

No good deed goes unpunished...

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i know what ya mean. for the most part i can be the nicest guy around. piss me off and ill let ya know though. i wouldnt have put up with it from a guy in a cady sts. he obviously has a bit of cash.
    Grant

7. pauly383

Yeah, I just can't actually blow up too bad in front of customers. No job equals no money, no money equals no Blazer, no blazer equals.......Hurts to think about no Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

people like that are why I started charging almost everybody to do work on there vehicles. One time it took me 3-4 hours to change a front set of shocks on an '86 pathfinder. This was in '00, and they were the factory shocks still. I didn't have a torch, or anything to cut out the rusted bolts. So I just beat them all out.

I broke about $30 in tools, busted just about every knuckle on my hands. When we got done, the guy says "thanks alot, see you on Monday." and drove off. He didn't even offer me a 12 pack for helping him out. Not to mention this was in February in Missouri. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif