Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trying to get ready for Tellico

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by grimjaw, Jun 6, 2006.

1. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

This weekend I was trying to get ready for the July Tellico trip. This will be the first time my wife and I have gone. I had to fix my DD first, the handling was very loose. It turned out to be the Sway Bar bushings. While I was at it a fixed a few other issues on it and was feeling good. Sunday, we built a workbench I had bought the lumber for earlier last week. While working I looked over at the Blazer sitting in the side yard and notice it was sitting funny. I walked over and found that the front passenger tire had blown. The last time I drove it any distance I had alot of trouble with death wobble. I was planning on going through the front axle to fix the DW but I thought the tires were ok. I was wrong. These are the same tires that were on the truck when I bought it two years ago. Now that I look all 5 tires are badly dry rotted and unsafe. Oh well, its better to find that out sitting in the yard than driving up a mountain.

I found what I hope is a good deal on Hummer tires. I got new 4 36x12.5x16.5 tires shipped for $399. I have 10x16.5 rims now and plan on getting some H1 rims and recentering them so this should work. God I have a lot to do.

I have yet to go get the M1028 I bought and Steve Kibbe drove for Mobile to Spartanburg. I am starting to think it may be easier to take that truck to Tellico with the new tires. At least Steve is having fun with the M1028:D .

and miles to go before I sleep...

2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you're having a time:D

Do you want me to lift the m1028 and put my boggers on it:wink1:

3. sgarrison

sgarrison 1/2 ton status

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the deal on the tires? Thanks.

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am still waiting to get mine back from the fab shop, suppose to be today but I have heard that alot from this guy, after that I need to wire up the fans, put in a tranny cooler, adjust t case mount spare tire, .... yea I should be ready for the tellico trip

5. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You left what with Steve :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:
    He's a madman!!! :doah:

I'm still trying to get my building done, Wife and I miscommunicated and bounced 5 small checks............:mad:

Looks like the stinger, if I get it in time, is the only mod I'll have. But forward to going!!!

7. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Working on Twin Stick :D No cash mod allways good:D
    July Tellico will be first time too.

8. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Worked on the tire carrier tonight, got it halfway done. Starting the cage first of next week. Going to URE the 16th to work out the bugs. Should be good to go by the time Tellico is calling.....:D

Clay