Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trying to replace gaskets where glass meets door

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Feb 1, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i am trying to replace the felt gaskets around both my front windowsinside the door where the door frame and window glass meet. also the rear roll down window has the same gasket at the top of the tailgate, and it to needs to be replaced. all three power windows have issues. the driver window moves at the normal spped, but after going half way up it just stops, and a minute later you can roll it the rest of the way up, or you can pull up on it will pushing the switch and it will go all the way, but this does not happen all the time. and the passenger window is just sooooo sloooow, up or down, do i need to replace motors, or could something else be the cause. i took the panel off the tailgate, and cleaned and greased the tracks, and it seems to move up a little faster now, but now i have this nasty grease streak down the middle of the glass every time i roll down the window, because i got some of the grease in the gasket. sometimes i think i should just by a new truck, until i drive one, and then drive mine. a friend told me i should add lift to the truck to prevent bottoming out, i said "on what, a crown victoria?"

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Naa, selling a truck over windows wouldn't be the answer, its more fun this way. Some guys on this thing love to have something to fix (me included) provided that it isn't a rod flying out the side of your block or the $$$ repairs. As for your seals you can just pull most of them out and put in the ones with a little bit of weatherstrip adhevise to hold them in place. Some of them have little hooks that go into the metal, just got find the right way to pop them out. There's a big seal that goes down into the door that does take a little work to get out. You might want to check out your glass channels in your tailgate. Mine are giving me grief too, it rolls up sort of for a while then hits a bad stop and stops because of the curve of the glass. Also check out your cable comming of the motor, a little bit of graphite does a nice job. You can also pull it off the motor and spin the motor over to see if it still works good. I thought mine was bad till I checked and it flys with out the cable on.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]