Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSF 3/23

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Mar 29, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yay, finally back from my TSF trip. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Everything went pretty well, nuttin on my truck broke and it was definitely good times. My gf really isnt into the hardcore stuff (she gets scared i guess) so i didnt do any really extreme wheelin... but it was still fun and I gotta test out all the mods I have done in the last 2 years. In short, things worked well. My rear suspension worked exactly how I wanted it to, though I didnt make an effort to test the max limits of rear flex. The np205s low gear isnt as low as the 208 I swapped out, but to be honest I didnt really miss it at all... I never even shifted into 1st gear on my 700r4, so not having the 208s low wasnt an issue. Because I didnt have a full size spare, I kept the 39.5 TSLs at 18-20 psi. In spite of all the mud, they didnt really slip at all that i could tell. In general it was just a good day of wheelin, I cant wait to go back to try some more narly stuff... hopefully some of you yahoos can make it this time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

what trails did you hit?

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good question! LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif i had only been there once before... and didnt have a trail map, so I wasnt following things to closely. That said, we spent most of our time in the area around Archers firebreak (think its trail 28 on the map). I didnt come upon any obstacles that might REALLY test my rig, which was fine because we had several less-capable rigs along with us and I wanted to ease my rig back into the 4x4 scene. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif hopefully next time I will be able to "push it" a little and see what the jimmy can do.... who knows, maybe visit the rock crawls. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j