Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSL left flat for several weeks, Would it hurt it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FWP, Jul 8, 2005.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Say I had TSL Swamper flat, and left it that way fo a long time (maybe a month). Would it hurt the sidewall any???

Reason for me asking, if your curious, I will need to practically flatten the tires to get it in the garage (where it's stored). As it is right now, 3.5 psi gets me in the door. I'll need to go lower, I'm adding some height to the cage front. I just don't want to ruin my 42's by leaving them flat. I'll air up slightly in the garage, but only if I have to.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

cant you bring em down to 3psi to get throught the door and then air them back up to whatever you normally keep them at once inside? Not sure leaving them flat with a bunch of weight on them for a long period of time is going to be good for them.

j

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

could put some small junker tires on it or air down to get in then take tires off and leave on jack stands till your done.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks guys, Yes I can do all of the above. What I'm thinking of is the easy way in/out. I move it in and out quite often, and as it now, just airing down, then back up when it's out, is a PIA already. I can't imagine swapping tires- ain't gonna happen.

Some ideas from Tye (the amigos know who I'm talking about), some funny, some good: Winch the suspension down, let it back up once in the garage :cool1: . Build a big steel support across the top of the garage header, and ram the blazer under it :haha: :doah:

More ideas? Keep em coming :ears:

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Just to hi-jack...you guys are lucky!
    My new garage barely fit my stock f-250 in (to drop of a engine). There is a 4" ledge (looking from outside) and a 5" ledge looking from the inside I have to drive over to get into. Don't ask why. Also, from the top of the ledge, to as high as the garage door is, is only around 6' 4". So I don;'t think "easy" is in the line when I put a lift and bigger tires on the Jimmy :haha:
    Pics soon if anyone doesn't understand...

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

It shouldn't hurt them at all, but just to keep the rim off of the sidewall a little bit I would put a few pounds of air in them once it is in the garage.

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Fred, once it is in the garage jack it up a few inches and set it on some cheap small jack stands. It won't take any longer than tying it down to the trailer does and will be easier to do than the air game. Just don't force the tires to squat down under the weight for long periods of time as it can cause heavy cracks in the side wall.