Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSL Radials- any opinions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wforicv, Nov 30, 2005.

1. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

Found a good deal on some 36" TSL Radials. How is the sidewall on these? All my buddies that run radials (Buckshots, MTs, etc.) are constantly cutting sidewalls. I can get 4 brand new for $500.00 local, so no extra for shipping? I am hoping the sidewall is a little better than the other radials out there. I currently run 33" swampers and have had no issues with the sidewalls. Any info would be a big help. I am not up on radial construction.

Eric

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

the sidewall suck. those are 36x12.5x16 they ride nice on the pavement flex nice offroad at 15psi but the sidewalls are only 2ply :crazy: not strong enough. my next set of tires are going to be 37" or 38" toyo mud terrians.

3. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I do not care about the ride b/c it is not a daily driver. I just want to move up in size and thought I had ran up on a deal. I do not want something that is not going to hold up.

Anybody else got experiences?

Eric

4. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I just got some 33" TSL's. Don't have them on the truck yet. How do you like them? Do they perform well, and clean mud well? Pics would be cool. Can't remember if you posted them in the 33" tire pic post or not, but I would love to see some pics of 33" TSL's..
    Have you looked at the interco blem page? Them have some sweet deals, but it may be hard to get them now that the cat is out of the bag :eek1:
    James

5. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I had about 8 trips on them till I blew out the sidewall in august. don't get me wrong I like them is just that the side walls are weak. that's a good deal but if it's not going to see alot of pavement then look for some bias ply swampers.

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

what he said x2

7. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

78Suburban, I do not have any pics, my computer crashed and I lost a lot. I will try to find some for you. The TSLs are OK. I bought them used and a little "dipped" out. They perform great offroad, and like I said before, I have had no problems with the sidewalls while everyone else is cutting radials. You know how many sticks and roots and crap are on the trails around here. BTW, where are you in Georgia. I recently moved to Augusta.

Eric

8. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I go to school in columbus. Live more toward Talbotton. I'm thinking Agusta is probably a pretty good ways away... but maybe sometime we can get together and go wheeling.
    James

9. LAYNFRM

LAYNFRM Registered Member

i have 36x12.5x15 tsl radials on my truck and like them. i'll get another set.
    i don't ever air down tires though, so i dunno how they'd do aired down any. i was flexin the suspension one day and the fenders weren't trimmed enough and it put a nice slash in the tread, but that was cause i had thought i trimmed them enough, so my fault entirely. i daily drive on them and haven't had a problem with anything. they do good in mud in my opinion. haven't really gotten to try them in good mud since the lockers.

10. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I liked my 36" TSL radials....until I popped the sidewall. :eek1: I think it was on wood too, put about a 2.5" tear clean through it.

11. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

Go Bias. Check the Four Wheel Parts web sight. It says that the radial TSL's are designed for light trucks like Toyota's and Jeeps. From what I've seen here and that web sight I don't think I'd touch them. I've got 38" TSL bias. Great tires.

12. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    They are very very weak, compared to Bais ply.
    There is no new high tech about radials they are week by design, period.
    I am glad you asked, now please get some bias plys.

13. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the replies, I will wait and get some more regular swampers or some Iroks. Will not seem like such a deal if I keep replacing them everytime I wheel. I am just dying to get something bigger.

Eric

14. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i believe poohbair ran them on his yellow truck. he beat that thing to hell and i never heard him say anything about them.

im getting the 38x15.5x15s soon :)

15. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I had the 38" Radials... I bought them used off of my brothers Hummer w/ some miles on them already... I ran the sh!t out of them and liked them. I did cut 1 sidewall which ruined 1 tire, but luckily I found another to buy w/ the same tread depth. I used mine hard in the rocks/shale/snow/mud w/o any complaints. The one time I did ruin the sidewall was my fault, I was playing in the stumps in my driveway and got stuck so I thought I could turn into the stump and wind the bitch up to 5K and get out... didn't work.