Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tsl radials Vs. Tsl/sx

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by guest, Nov 22, 2003.

1. guest

guest Registered Member

Wich of the two will have more street miles? the size that i am getting is 38x15.50

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

1. The radial will of course last more street miles but no Swamper will last long on the street

2. The TSL/SX only comes up to 14.50 wide for 38s

3. Between the two tires there is no comparison. One is a super tough tire designed purely for trail performance, the other is an agressive radial (a much weaker/lighter tire).

Your use would detirmine which is superior. I'd say if you have to ask, you probably want a Radial.

3. guest

guest Registered Member

so basicly , it doesnt matter? there both gonna wear fast. I drive ever day on the street, but i wheel every weekend. the only thing i see that keeping me kinda wondering is that on the sx's there not radials, so they get the flat spot on them. but that doesnt matter to me, so basiccly same wear? WHich would your prefrance be?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

The radials will last longer by a good margin. I'd say that all things being equal, you'll get 50% more miles out of the radials

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

my dad has had his 36x12.50R15 tsl radials for over 30,000miles on his bronco /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifand are still good for playin in the mud. I suspect at least another 15,000 out of them.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

TSL radials get very good mileage and the SX doesn't get any where near the Radial. How fast do SX's wear? I think they wear even faster than a bogger. A lot of guys around here are running 33x15.50 SX's on 15x14 and 16.5x14 welds and they wear very fast. My boggers seem to be wearing slower than those guys. I have about 4 to 5K on mine and you can't hardly tell they have been on the street.