Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSL SX ques.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wickedk5, May 7, 2000.

1. wickedk5

wickedk5 Registered Member

how do the tsl sx ride on the street?

2. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I looked everywhere for a picture of a mean dog.......I was gonna add the caption..RUFF,RUFF!!!
    They do make a difference off road though.You need to decide what you want.

<font color=red>Wanna'keep wheelin? Get involved!
    Check the "Land Use" section of this board.</font color=red>

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Several guys in my club run the SX's on their trail rigs. Their comment is "if you are worried about the ride on pavement, you don't need that type of tire". They work great off-road and are very tough, but are loud and very stiff on the road.

4. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

Loud and bumpy. They develop flat spots overnight and smooth out once the tires heat up. They hook up great off-road.

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I had a set on a Toyota and I can say they're very loud, very bumpy, hydroplane very easliy on wet surfaces. I could not hear the stereo with both windows down at 60 mph due to the drone of the tires. Even with the windows up, your music gets a whiny motorboat sounding quality to it. I loved mine, and would buy another set if they would just make a 36x13x16. Anyways, if you're really concerned with the noise but still want an aggressive mud tire, try the TSL Radials. DangerB on here was running a 36" radial on his blazer at the Benbrook run and they did really well in mud. My .02

Bryan

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

OOOHHH YEAH BABY!!! I just got a set of 35-15.50-15's this past weekend. They are rougher than S%IT, but they sound awesome and work great off-road. Your guys' stereos must be weak, because I can hear mine just fine doing about 70 or so. I guess I must be deaf or something. I just took mine off-road tonight and I was totally impressed. The noise level isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Before you go and think about buying a set, look at the price and think for a while. I paid $170 a piece and that wasn't too bad, but how much off-roading are you going to do?? They look mean with the sidewall tread and they just straight up look like animals. I love them and probably wouldn't want anything differnt. Just a matter of money and opinion. Good luck.

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

7. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Those are the tires I run. They are awesome off road, but like the previous poster said... if you are worried about road noise, go buy a street truck!

BTW, where did ya get em for 170???

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

8. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

4 Wheel Parts. My friend found an ad for some tire company that had the SX's for dirt cheap. When I went to buy the tires I just showed them the ad and they gave me a better price. I really paid like $175 or so. I don't even think that company with the low prices is even still around. Later

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)