Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSL SX's?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SkulzNBonz, Oct 2, 2002.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

TSL SX\'s?????

I saw someplace that the TSL SX's are steel belted. Is this true? Also, are they radials? Thanks.

John

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Re: TSL SX\'s?????

Yes, they do have steel belts in them--that is in the construction of the tire. But no they are not radials. I owned a set of 35's on Heep and they worked really well in any situation. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

3. SkulzNBonz

Cool, just the info I needed. Oh yeah, how about balance and wear? I'm either going to get the SX's or the TSL radials, but my truck does see DD duties.

John

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Well if your truck see's DD than I would strongly recommend the TSL Radial. That tire will wear and ride alot better on the highway and still perform good offroad. The sx's just perform Whole lot better offroad /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just have to ask yourself which is more important to you.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine has SX's on a daily driver, and the noise level is tolerable, they DO flat spot in the mornings, but about 5 minutes and that's gone, but they do ride ROUGH.

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I've got the 38.5x14.5x15 TSL/SX's and they are pretty quiet, but mine are not balanced and a little out of round so the ride came be a little bumpy at certain speeds.

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI am runnin on 38.5x14.50x15 TSL/SX's just fine as DD also using Equal in the tires to balance them...........Runs fine at 70mph.........Awsome in the dirt and rocks.........haven't found mud or snow yet. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Bill

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    haven't found mud or snow yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing better that I have seen in mud are Boggers. SX's are actually better on rigs that don't quite have the umph to turn Boggers like they should be turned. Not bad on snow/ice, but some siping would help.

9. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I turn 42's just fine n fast! Ridin on 38's now, 38/39 boggers not a prob! Got fresh motor,tranny, gears,lockers.........most of my rig is all freshly built or new .........next month new wire harness.
    Next year Howell MPI set up! WooHoo! Mo Power! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Bill

10. Re: TSL SX\'s?????

I have a set of 36x12.50x16.5 SX's and I love them. I have only had them on for about a month now, and have had them at Hollister twice. They are awsome off road, the BFG's M/T's I had before them dont even compare. They handle fine on road too, mine really arnt very loud at all. My friend has some 33x12.50x15 TSL Radials, and for what ever reason his are much louder. Awsome tire though! Later

11. SkulzNBonz

Thanks for the replys. Noise and a little rough ride are what I'm already experiencing with the MT's I have, so that's not an issue. The one thing I don't like is the flat spotting, but if a shop can balance them, I can live with a flat spot for a few minutes in the morning. They are like $2 more per tire than the TSL radial, so why not just get the more aggressive tire!?!!!!

John