Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSL Troubles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by carpeonnel, Feb 1, 2007.

1. carpeonnel

carpeonnel 1/2 ton status

I've been running some 36x12.50 Bias TSLs for about 5 months now and I really like them off-road, but they're killing me once I hit about 60 on the highway. Well, I'm about to sell them for some bigger rubber (38s) because I'm about to go D60 front & 14B rear so my question is this: What is a good off-road tire that'll balance out better than the TSL I was running before? I heard SSRs and the Pro-Comp Xterrains are good but I've never run either. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

RADIAL that is all.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

fyi for ya on tsl tires. 36x12.5x16.5 is 1/2 incch shorter than 38x12.5x16.5 . i know for a fact. i had both and what a wast of money on the 2 sets as to the price to size diffrence.

anything bias will have spots of vibe like that. and radial would be better.. i have found over the years in the tire bissness that bias swampers do best on a bubble balence with center sticky weights . i had balence a set of 33x14.5x15 boggers on the machine. installed them on a toyota ifs front end truck. you couldnt hardl hold the wheel after 35 mph. rebalenced with bubble balencer only and sticky weights in the middle of rim. you could then do 70 mph no problems. dont ask my why it just works better this way.

4. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had some crazy vibe's and wobble on my 36x12.5x15 TSLs (bias). As soon as I hit 40 it would go all over the place or if I stayed at the same speed to long.:doah: I dropped some airsoft pellets in them and it was night and day difference! :eek1: :D

Z

5. carpeonnel

carpeonnel 1/2 ton status

Well, right now I have that balancing powder in each tire (10 ounces in each) and it helped some but it's not exactly a smooth ride