Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSL's in the front and boggers in the rear.... good bad otherwise? Pics?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, May 9, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

TSL\'s in the front and boggers in the rear.... good bad otherwise? Pics?

OK who's running TSL's front and boggers in the rear. Why do people run this setup, what are the benifits and disadvantages of doing this? and finally whos got pics?

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: TSL\'s in the front and boggers in the rear.... good bad otherwise? Pics?

Bogger traction pushing and TSL traction turning. Evidently because of the boggers lack of lateral traction. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Download here

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Like he said up there, boggers are for pushing forward, and the TSL's are for steering. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd love to. If I had 39.5" TSLs right now instead of 38.5s, I'd buy a pair of boggers. I'm going to buy a set of new 39.5" Swamps soon, and later on down the road I'll probably get a pair of boggers. Local trails are pretty muddy and they'd come in handy.

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I talked to a few guys about this set up and most said boggers tend to dig down a lot faster than tsl's do and you end up high centered on the rear axle real quick....

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My truck weighs probably 3500# on the front axle and nearly nothing in the rear. I'd bet it would pretty much equal out.

If not I'm locked up front and those TSLs will pull me.

I'm not just talking about this for deep mud pits anyway, but for trail use a little extra traction without ruining your steering would be very nice.

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I pondered the thought of running a pair of 35x15 TSL's in the front at one time when I was out mudding in some shallow slop and I almost hit a friggin' fence because I couldn't turn with a darn...

I can attest to the bad lateral traction that the bogger posseses in the shallower mud. You don't notice in the deeper stuff because they work as rutters then. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I bet if you were locked and they were both spinning, you might have had better luck being able to steer but it's hard saying because lockers tend to create understeer if it's too sloppy of a surface.

Me personally, I don't care for boggers, but with all the mud around here, and with all the TTC winners running them, it's hard to say that they don't work extremely well in some circumstances.