Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSL's or gumbo monster mudders?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Mar 12, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

TSL\'s or gumbo monster mudders?

I'm looking into buy new tires soon,and havent decided on which tire I want to get,its eather the 38.5/16/16.5 TSL or the 38/15/16.5 gumbos on a 16.5/9.75 steel rim. I need bigger tires other than my 36.5"s with 7" of complete lift and massive amounts of trimming,which you cab see in my webshots account below(check it out) which would be better? I run mostly mud,and sand
    I do alot of driving once I get the truck running good agian.also what is the best way to balance these tires,other than the golfballs in them,like I have now.
    thanks all! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Re: TSL\'s or gumbo monster mudders?

Fill them with Mud!!! That's the best way. Sheesh, you think YOU of all people would know that. Quit wasting these people's time with your silly questions /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

TSL have softer rubber so they wont last as long on the street but will grab better in the rocks, Gumbos have harder rubber so theyll last longer in the street but not grab as well in rocks, But rocks dont seem to be on your To do list, Depending on how much street driving and how often you plan to replace tires the choice is a toss up.

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have 40" gumbo mudder and I really like them they work well in the mud and on sand. They wear very long with normal highway use ( I have had my tires for over a year now and they still have half the tread). /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif As for balanceing them I do not know for i did not balance these tires. That is right I did not put golf balls in them or nothing.

5. MUD JUNKIE

[ QUOTE ]
    As for balanceing them I do not know for i did not balance these tires. That is right I did not put golf balls in them or nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
    wow,no balancing? thats badass.I balanced my tires with the golf balls and it works wonders on the highway or at speeds over 50I would recomend it to anyone that has problems keeping weights on there rims.
    keep the input comming! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

7. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I might have to try to balance my tires next round.

8. MUD JUNKIE

the tires I have now are RVT on/off roads,that almost look like ground hawgs.I need a bigger size,and somthing that is'nt directional.I used my tires on my truck for the first time 2 weekends ago,they love forward,but no reverse in the mud.

the golfball thing works wonders.I was suprised /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

TSL's all the way. They are taller for the same size and dig better.

10. MUD JUNKIE

ok,I'm going to get a TSL in this size 38/12.5/16.5 what would be a good width to mount them on? maybe a 16.5x9.75?
    or maybe after the A-tron disk brakes in the rear and some caliper grinding in the front some 15x10"s?? anyone run this swamper size?