Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSLs or Iroks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Mar 14, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the time has come to make a decision on a set of tires. i've got it narrowed down to two different tires. a 36 x 12.50 TSL, or a 36 x 13.50 Irok. the terrain i will be running will be mostly mud, and some general trail riding, possibly the occasional rock crawl if i come across the opportunity. keep in mind that this truck will also be driven on the street. in addition to the poll, i'd like to hear your opinions and experiences with each tire.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

This one is a no-brainer for me. TSLs all the way for any street use at all. I don't think the IROKs would last long on the street.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

They'll both be utter bastards wear wise, so go for the IROK

4. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

well these arent on the topic but have had ssr for a week and loven them plus you can read about k5's test here http://coloradok5.com/ssr.shtml just a thought /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif but an curious about the IROKs /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ok, now how do i view the results of the poll? maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i cant get them to come up.

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

you have to vote first

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Heres one thing to consider. I have had my IROK's for a year now and every time I park the truck for extended times - I can drive on the highway with absolutely zero flat spots. I've had it sit for nearly a month and no flat spots. Mine are Bias 39.5" IROKs.

Im getting the first set of 42" IROK's real soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i ran the 38in tsl's before and now have 39.5in iroks and i love the iroks they do just as good as the tsl's did in the mud and are way better riding than the tsl's and way quieter than the tsl's i am very happy with my iroks and do not regret getting them in any way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Im getting the first set of 42" IROK's real soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhhhhhhhh....do tell. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Anybody run the Irok Radials?

11. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I just called the 4wd Shop I deal with..and he said he can give me "promo" pricing on Iroks....4 49" Iroks for the price I paid for my 42" TSL's /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I'm not sure 49's are going to work all that well, well...I mean that's just HUGE. When are the 42's due to be released? I expect them to emasure about 1.5" taller than my 42" TSL's anyhow.

49's would just Murder my axles, I'd have to MOg-ify it or somthing to survive. Is 22.5" of diff clearance a BAD thing? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is 22.5" of diff clearance a BAD thing? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Nah, wouldnt even have to trim that 14FF.

13. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

My 42's will be molded in April. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Are all the IROKs that much taller than the TSLs? I like the 39.5 pricing compared to the 42 tsl, but i need more under axle clearance.

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Drat - On pirate if you search enough, there will be a thread with two truck, one with 39" IROKS the other with 42" TSLs. The tires are the same height with the TSLs worn a bit

16. daleearnhardt01

Nobody running the radial version.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nobody running the radial version..

[/ QUOTE ]

They're too new. I just managed to find a set of the 37" radials this week. Just under $1K mounted. I'll have to save my pennies for awhile!

18. daleearnhardt01

Im very tempted to try them when it comes time to purchase tires in May. Its down to 36x13.50x17 Irok Radial, 37 Krawler, or a 37 Mud Terrain..Decisions Decisions /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

NO flat spots?oh joy. what a dream it would be to not have to drive 6+ miles before my WHITE ZOMBIE CD quits thinking it's a DJ for 50 cent. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    NO flat spots?oh joy. what a dream it would be to not have to drive 6+ miles before my WHITE ZOMBIE CD quits thinking it's a DJ for 50 cent. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine don't seem to flat spot, either. (38.5 TSLs)

Of course they're unbalanced and vibrate a bit at 20-30 mph, but no flat spotting that I can tell.