Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TSM Rear Brake Info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I just got an email back from Skip at TSM.
    The question I asked him was will calipers from a front 1/2 ton Dana 44 axle work with the new rear disk bracket they make now for 14 bolt FF?

The answer, is Yes. They didn't get into specifics though, they just told me it would work. This is good news to me b/c I won't have to buy calipers when I do the swap. I can use the calipers from my front Dana 44 when I do the swap. No Ebrake though. I guess for yall with manual Trannies, this won't help, but for auto tranny, this will work. Thought I share.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have the TSM kit on my 14 bolt with the eldo calipers (cant pass inspection here witout e-brake cables). I havent gotten the new cables made yet and I have the SM465 so if I want to park it I have to put it in gear. Kind of a pain when I gotta get out and turn the Warns!</font color=blue>

3. edeslaur

edeslaur Registered Member

So, how much of a difference do rear discs make? I've a rear Corp 14 and have been considering doing something to whoa me pony a little better.

ERic

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Night and day difference for my 14BFF.
    -- Mike