Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TTC Pics of Rigs & Discriptions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zakk, Apr 5, 2003.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the link..............saves sooooooooooooo much time looking in the mag again.

Unreal how many Bowties are in it............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can't wait to see what 61, and 68 do. 61 I doubt will perform that well but it will be cool to watch /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I like to vote for the ones that I want to see the tech writeup on.

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just want the guy with the cummins chevy's email address... I'm doing the same swap in my truck very shortly and would like to ask him a few questions...

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

keep us updated on that, can't wait to hear about it. 12V cummins engines aren't complex at all. Fuel line, sensors, starter wire and thats about all there is too it. My friend has one and just put a TST Fuel Pump kit on it and wow does that thing haul now. Can't wait till he gets a new turbo housing and clutch(putting just a tiny bit too much power for the stocker).

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

5.9L cummins... 555 ft lbs at less than 1800 rpm... STOCK. That owns. that BIG chevy on mogs + 49.5" michelins looks tough to beat tho...

j

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

hard to argue with 22" of diff clearence on 2.5 ton axles, about 100:1 crawl and mad flex.

Don's a great guy, he'll get after it. Toby will be pressing hard too. the CTD Chevy looks too puuurdy to get it.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it really does look too purty. Probably shine in something like the tank trap but be too nice in mini rubicon or frame twister.

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it really does look too purty. Probably shine in something like the tank trap but be too nice in mini rubicon or frame twister.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think Don Henry is going to OWN the tank trap. 22" of clearence under the diffs will let him drop a side into the ravines and keep going. Ryeguy was able to do the same thing last year with Mog axles and 44" TSL's Henry has 49.5" tires, so it only helps.

Dunno. Kinda glad its a Full SIze year. past years ahve been Heep heavy.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh I know the 90 cummins powered won't own anything I am just saying its gonna be cool to watch on the video. When he attacks that tthings it gonna be lots of mud flying and black smoke from the stacks.

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yeah. it will be interesting to see how he gets all that torque to the proverbial road...

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

#67 Has a Missouri Offroad Outfitters Diff cover. Can't wait to see this years event. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Wozdirt

Wozdirt Registered Member

It is great to see so many Chevys this year. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The video footage should be sweet... I cant wait to get the tapes. I have seen #20 and #76 in action. Definitely capable rigs, and both guys are a little nutty with the go pedal. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'm rooting for 20 & 76 since they are friends of friends. In fact my Bushwacker flares came from Warren Kreyer (76) and we spoke at length on the phone. That is one helluva rig! I made a graphic for #20 a few months ago that is at http://www.ultimate4wheeldriveperformance.com/projects.htm
    I'm glad to see all the "Bowties" in there too!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif