Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TTC Results are out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Sep 21, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anybody else see it? I don't have the mag with me right now, but if nobody else posts I'll post them when I get home. Not on the website, but in the NOV issue of Four Wheeler /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

You ever wonder why they call it the November issue when you get it in September, and the stores will have it by October?

But I don't have the results. Would like to see them if someone has them.

3. MTBLAZER89

Here they are. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Rigs can be seen here

1.Brand Austin - 25
    Oklahoma
    '91 Jeep Wrangler

2. Chris Ross - 34
    Arkansas
    '82 Jeep CJ8

3. Robin Brisebois/Terese Huerte - 10
    Alberta
    '85 S10 Hybrid

4. Stephane Belanger - 21
    Quebec
    '62 Unimog

5. Robb Rutledge - 13
    Saskatchewan
    '77 Toyota FJ45

6. Stan Prueitt - 6
    New Mexico
    '95 Dodge 6x6

7. Howard and Dianne Jacques - 50
    Florida
    '90 Wrangler

8. Jimmy Jones - 20
    Nevada
    '79 Jeep CJ5

9. Jason Johnson - 12
    British Columbia
    '94 Suburban

10. Dennis Durst - 14
    Idaho
    '78 Chevy K30

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what do the numbers mean beside the owners names?

5. MTBLAZER89

I believe that was their entry number or something /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay thanks.
    3 canadians this year /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

umm steve that would be 4, Alberta, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

crap, I never saw the last one /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    1.Brand Austin - 25
    Oklahoma
    '91 Jeep Wrangler

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, he was at the local club's annual truck show this weekend (which I took 3rd place in stock (sorta) class, BTW /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif ) He made through it the tank trap, but the couldn't get out of the flood creek at the park /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Anyway, nice Jeep (yeah right) he has, 60-14 SBC. Damn Okies /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

John

10. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    1.Brand Austin - 25
    Oklahoma
    '91 Jeep Wrangler

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, he was at the local club's annual truck show this weekend (which I took 3rd place in stock (sorta) class, BTW /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif ) He made through it the tank trap, but the couldn't get out of the flood creek at the park /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Anyway, nice Jeep (yeah right) he has, 60-14 SBC. Damn Okies /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

John

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see a jeep with jeep hardware run with that pack.

Right. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I agree Kert........

12. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

any one know if the dvd is out yet. it says in the mag they can be bought at 4wheel parts but i was just curious if they're in stores yet.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

heeps take #1 and 2? holy crap, what is the world coming too. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif btw, maybe its just me, but I think vehicles make should be listed by drivetrain. If you have a chevy engine, chevy tranny, chevy tcase and chevy axles... how exactly is your rig a "jeep".

j

14. cybrfire

[ QUOTE ]
    heeps take #1 and 2? holy crap, what is the world coming too. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif btw, maybe its just me, but I think vehicles make should be listed by drivetrain. If you have a chevy engine, chevy tranny, chevy tcase and chevy axles... how exactly is your rig a "jeep".

j

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. It's the chevy hardware or whatever is in there that is getting you across the line. Of course then the problem would be if mine ever gets in knock on wood, Cadillac engine, Chevy trans and tcase, Chevy rear and Ford front. More Chevy components than anything else but somebody somewhere would bitch about it. Just call it a bastard. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Because with a big fat body you just can't win these competitions. They're about high speed stuff even though it doesn't appear that way from the mag.

Having been in real truck challenge, it was won by jeeps too. There wasn't a single event in RTC that it was beneficial to have a fullsize truck.

If it was, Louis's K5 would have certainly won and the broncos and other such vehicles that came in at 11-15th place with me would have certainly done much better.

There were some VERY well built fullsizes at RTC, way better built than mine. The reality is that a fullsize rig is just not what it takes to win a comp like that.

TTC is set up for big, heavy vehicles much more so than RTC, but either way, a big body is not what you want/need to win those comps.

IMO a fullsize can easily complete every event, but to do it fast, you need something light, short, and nimble with lots of horsepower and heavy drivetrain. The winners of these comps show it completely.

RTC, top two were heeps as well, with 3rd place going to a sammy. All were running 35-37" tires and enough power to keep them moving. On the obstacle course that Sammy was airborne for the majority of the time.

16. cybrfire

I think TTC is setup not to favor any particulat size vehicle. Obstacle course leans to the smaller vehicle while the towing would lean towards something full size and heavy. All in all its kind of a wash isn't it? After all its a commulation of points not necessarily winning each event.

17. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

It wasnt there saturday.

The suburban, with all the dodge running gear sucked, hmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, shoulda put in a Duramax! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Got the issue today...the pics are just awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

ive had pics and the results since he beginning of this summer. the link dosent work anymore but i saved my favorite pic....

[​IMG]

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ive had pics and the results since he beginning of this summer. the link dosent work anymore but i saved my favorite pic....

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

why have you had them since the beginning of summer?