Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TTC winner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by titanic, Sep 22, 2000.

1. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

I was kinda glad to see there was a slight upset at the TTC-anyone else?

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

¿What? who won? I haven't seen the nov. issue yet. Is it available?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

3. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

don't get me wrong-who wouldn't love to have a sniper, but I'll never be able to afford one!!

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I think it was kinda lame this year. They needed more solidly built trucks, like they used to have. All this custom made, super trick stuff doesn't do you much good when your custom made pitman arm takes a sh%t on you and you don't have anymore. Personnally, I like Killer Bee from last year. The big yellow Chevy pickup truck from Michigan. Maybe it was just home favoritism though......

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's [​IMG]

5. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Actually there were some good ideas but the Rogerbuilt just goes to show you, ya need to test things out before you compete! Ie, driveline after driveline! Also appears that 44s' are the way to go as long as you have the motor to spin em. Did you notice though the difference in performances, when everyone went to the rocks... it takes finesse! Not 44's and the right foot! Hard to build a truck for everything. Oh yeah and expensive.

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Congradulations to Sam Patton @ SAMS. He is a good guy, I have ran into him a number of times out on the trail and he has always been very nice. As a matter of fact, when I splitt and boogerd up my front drive line in Disney, Oklahoma, it was sam who happened onto the scene, who let me borrow th grinder and got me back on the trail. Anyway Good for Him.HAVE A NICE DAY

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

It's OK that a CJ-7 won, but what kind of Top Truck contest is this that doesn't have a Chevy truck/blazer? There are so many people building these trucks that I'm sure there are plenty that can whip ass on some of those jeeps and a suzook.
    Yeah, I saw the Bummer too, but I want to see some original sheetmetal.
    -- Mike

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

they didn't have any Chevys, but at least most of them had Chevy engines in them[​IMG]

90K5

9. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I don't consider that an upset at all. Sam Patton is probably the most elegant driver there is these days. He has built his cj with all the right stuff and knows exasctly how far he can push it BEFORE it breaks. He was the only guy to run the "hell week" trail ride from Phoenix, to Las Cruces, to Farmington last year without breaking anything the whole time. Now he also had to drive the vehicle that he used on the trails in between the towns as well. Phoenix is 6 hours from Las Cruces and Las Cruces is 6 hours from Farmington. I don't know if my Blazer could make the road trip w/o a trailer and I'm sure that I'd break stuff on the trail. I'd say that even though it's a jeep, he's got the best all around 4wd in america, plus he knows how to use it, and he proved it this year with the win at TTC.

Just My two cents

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have'nt seen the article yet, how well did the 'Sniper' do?

Rene

[​IMG]

11. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Sniper got a CLOSE second to the CJ-7. It lost by like 2 points or something. Real close. Personally, I'm glad the CJ-7 won instead of the Sniper also. I don't know the guy, but I would rather have a more "street" like rig win then something made strictly for wheelin. That's probably b/c I know I will never be able to afford one of those Sniper thingys, but I think I would rather put the money into my K5 anyways.
    The thing also proved that "flex" or RTI score doesn't make it in real world wheelin. The flexier the vehicle is great, but doesn't mean it is the best. Like all of yall said, its all about how you drive and how well you know your truck.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradokt.com

[​IMG]