Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tube bender....HELP!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Apr 9, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I wanna bend some tubing...what do you guys use to do this? This would be rollcage sized stuff. I'm gonna enroll in a class at a local JC to learn to weld. Once I learn I want to get a welder and then bend my own tubing to make a rollcage and other stuff. There is a local place in town going out of business and I think I can get a deal now on a bender and just hang onto it. So my question is what do I look for...what brands are good, and anything else I could use info wise to make a good purchase. I don't wanna buy something and have it not be the right thing because the sales guy was stupid! Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    If that deal falls through, make sure you are looking at the right thing. A pipe bender (northern harbor freight etc) is a entirely different animal than a tubing bender. I have a bender from pro tools <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pro-tools.com/product_lines.htm>http://www.pro-tools.com/product_lines.htm</A> Its not a bad bender for a beginner and can be upgraded (do it if you can afford it) easily. best of all its pretty cheap

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go to www.jd2.com. They are running a deal right now. Also, if you can get to Fontana this Saturday, the Off Road Swap meet is suppose to have a load of them. If I go, it's first on my list, then springs, fenders, and seats.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What? Where? I am interested in going there. I have no clue where Fontana is at all? You have directions? That bender looks awesome! I want it. I definately want to see it. If you have the swap info I would appreciate it! Thanks [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Fontana is down by LA.....If I where you I would learn how to weld first. Then if you like it and can do it. Go buy the stuff. I've tried welding and can't do it worth a darn. Glad I didn't put any money in to it. And by then you might have a better idea of what you are looking for..Just my .02

7. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Hey There,
    I have used the Harbor freight's hydraulic tub bender and it works fine, Its not for every day use but it works for hobby use. around 169.00 aint too expensive?? bent 2 1/2" steel tube fine.

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!!
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's the website: http://www.desertracing.com/swapmeet
    Here's the bad news, Fontana is outside LA near Riverside. I don't know if I'm going yet or not. I'm waiting on someone's tax return, he's buying my Jeep. The Beast needs parts and this is the place I can get some. Hoping against hope.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"