Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tube bumper pics wanted.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, May 25, 2003.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Need some design opinions. I'm putting together a new set of front and rear bumpers for my k5. They are going to be made out of 3" steel tubing each bumper will be 2 tubes, one over the other. I'm trying to decide if I should make them straight, or angle them back on the sides. I'm looking for pics of bumpers set up like this.
    Did a search and only found single tubes or prerunners made of smaller tubing.

I just got all the steel to do this and set up my front receiver, as well as the connections to set them up as my air tanks. I figure if I use the front ones for the front tires, and the back bumper tubes for the back tires I should have enough air for at least one air-up when going back on the road.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

3. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Thanks, that rear bumper is just about what I'm looking at doing. (except of course with closed ends for the air)
    Good looking setup on the front too.
    Still haven't decided about the angle on the front. I've got some 1 1/2 that I will be making some prerunners out of which is why I'm going double on the front as well.
    Anyone got front double tube pics?

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

yeah, one of these days, that state police brush guard is getting cut off and i'm goint to reuse the 4" round tube and add the prerunner look to it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

here is mine. it's made out of 2" square stock that's about 3/16" thick.

[​IMG]