Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tube Doors from PIMP Offroad - with new lower pricing

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by PJTPW, Oct 4, 2005.

1. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

PIMP Offroad is proud to offer our new tube doors for 78-91 Blazers / Fullsizes.

- Doors are made with 1.75" x .120 wall DOM for toughness
    - All parts are CNC cut for accuracy
    - Doors are easily installed / uninstalled using factory hinges and striker posts
    - Hinge plates are CNC cut from .25" plate and drilled and tapped to use factory bolts. No fighting with having to use a nut and bolt.
    - Handle mechanism is spring loaded
    - Adjustable snubber posts for a rattle-free fit
    - Doors are shipped unpainted / bare. A variety of finishes is available at an additional cost.

Accessories will be available soon such as cup holders, etc.

We've reduced cost on the next run of doors, so we're passing the savings along. New Pricing will be $275.00 per set + freight from Moab, UT 84532.

Please PM myself or Dirk at dirksters4x4s here on the site with additional questions or ordering information.

Thanks.

Picture1 193.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  2. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Pic 2

Picture1 192.jpg

3. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

pic 3

Picture1 194.jpg

4. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Pic 4

Picture1 195.jpg

5. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Looks good

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Very nice.

7. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Any pics with it open?

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a few pics.

tubedoor4.jpg

tubedoor3.jpg

9. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

i also own a 71 k10 so if anybody is intersted in doors for first gens let us know we can easly make up a set.

10. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

we can build doors for any year truck on special orders. just pm me or Ryon with the year and model of what you want them built for and give us about 2 weeks to ship. i would also like to see a set of doors on somyones sub (any year) if you have a suburbon and are interested pm me and we can talk about pricing. i think for 4 doors at a time we should be able to offer a little better deal. also one thing to keep in mind when running tube doors on trucks still sporting a working dome light there will need to be some kind of a by pass switch installed. i am working on possably putting together some easy install kits for different years of trucks to offer with the doors at a minamal cost. we are also open to accept any reasonable offer on doors. would realy like to get a few sets out there so we can star development on some other products (sliders,bumpers,diff gaurds,etc. i have set the price at 345.00 to try and keep everything competative with others on the market. any input or ideas will always be welcome. we hope to have a web site up soon just have to keep checking. happy wheeling everybody :pimp:

11. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Dirk and I are getting a price break on materials, and want to pass the price on to the customers.

Our next run of doors will be priced at $275.00 per set + shipping from Moab, 84532. We just got a new shipment of tube, so any doors ordered from now forward will have the new pricing.

As Dirk mentioned, we're gearing up to product new products, so everyone let us know what you'd like to see.

Thanks,

Ryan

12. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Looks great.

13. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Dirk, Ryan,

I just took the bulbs out of the dome lights for the days we were in Moab...

Anyways, here's a collection of pictures - for those of you who didn't have a chance to come to BlazerBash this year, I was the lucky winner of a hot-off-the-press set of tube doors that P.I.M.P. Offroad graciously donated to the Blazer Bash raffle. Although I never thought I would take the doors of my K5 (an opinion staunchly 'supported' by my lovely wife Claudia...), I absolutely love the tube doors (also supported by Dirk's statement right after the raffle that "these better be on in the morning...' :D ). So here's some Blazer Bash pics of the tube doors in action (and Dirk or Ryan, one of you please PM me a mailing address so I can send the hi-reslution pics). Here we go:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  14. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

OK, I know this is an odd request, but I'm curious as to how far the door protrude into the cab, past the door opening. I'm running a full cage, and I'm going doorless right now because the armrests would hit the cage. Also, does the $275 go for first gens also, or are they more? I was thinking about putting tube doors on the '70 and skinning them with some material for those days when it's cold (relative term, since I'm in Texas) and I still want to play in the mud. :D

15. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

the doors do not pertrude past the door seal at all. if you look at the pics of mikels blazer and my truck you can se we both run cages and everything clears just fine. the arm rest on the stock doors hang into the cab aprox. 2" farther the the top rail on the tube doors if not a little more. if we need to custom build a set with the top tube offset a little that would be no problem. as long as your cage dose not pertrude past your door seal they will fit fine. as far as for the first gen, i dont se a problem i own a 71 short bed i can use for a patern. just let me know when you are ready and allow a cupple weeks to ship. thanks

16. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I don't have permission to see the pics. Could someone email them to me at dieselmh@hotmail.com so I can see them. I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure the cage doesn't go past the door seal. I'll let ya know.

17. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I have the blue foam sleeve cover on my cage. Due to the way the cage was installed (as far out as possible so one can still get the dash off), the normal driver's side door actually makes slight contact to the foam, but not the cage itself. The tube door does not contact the foam at all. Hope that helps, michael

P.S. The picture I posted in this thread unfortunately is on another computer, so I can't mail it...

18. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

i sent you a few pics hope they went thru ok. let me know what you think

19. twceec

twceec Newbie

Tube Doors

I would like to buy a set of tube doors for my 87 . Please e-mail me with the total cost, shipping to 99206, and how we can arrange payment.
    twceec@aol.com Thanks, Travis

20. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

pm'd ya, hope it went through. I tried last week and did not here back from you.