Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tube size?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nau81blazer, May 23, 2004.

1. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what size tubing would you all recommend for custom bumpers/sliders? Tryin to draw up some plans now, just wondering what you like. Thanks guys,

--Adam /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i used 1.5" other people use bigger, but i like the smaller size, also i didn't have the money to buy a bigger die /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Tube selection is pretty subjective depending on what you like aesthetically and how the part is designed. Smaller lighter tubes require more supporting tubes and structure to do the job, while a single tube bumper would need to be rather large and thicker walled. It also will be influenced by what dies sizes you have available (if you expect to bend the tubes) along with other equipment available and your skill level.

4. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Cool. Yes, my skill level is minimal. But my girlfriends Uncle builds race car chasis so i'm hoping he'll show me the ropes. He seems to have a pretty nice set up, i'll ask him what he is able to bend. Thanks for the input all! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

--Adam /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif