Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tubing Benders.....Give me some options!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Greg72, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

About the only one I know of is the Hossfeld Universal Bender.... http://209.238.153.119/hossfeld.html

I am NOT interested in pipe benders, just good quality tubing benders. The Hossfeld is probably $1200 by the time you buy the base unit and a couple more dies. I am looking for other brands to compare against to prove to myself either that the Hossfeld is the best one out there, or that there is something that's basically the same for 1/2 the price....? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Looking for some BTDT experiences! After my "mild" rollover at Hollister, I have decided to put things like "Safety Items" (Rollcage, etc) at the top of my TO-DO list for Moab 2002!!!!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> VanSant makes a nice one that isn't too expensive called the Model 3. Lots of other cool stuff on their website too. The basic bander is $235 and yoiiu can get a nice kit for about $400. You also have to buy dies that go from $105 - $225.</font color>

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I bought the pro-tools heavy duty M105 bender; the heavy duty is needed for 2" tubing. I was amazed at what excellent quaility my bender was when I got it. The extra things I bought with mine were, stop and degree ring, hd setup(5/8 arms instead of 1/2"), stand, 1.5" 5" circle die, and 2" 6" circle die. I plan to buy the hydraulic setup once I can make a few things to pay for it. The ratchet is ok, but .120 wall 2" tube will wear you out quick.
    I highly recommend the bender to anyone that plans on buying one, pro tools also has some nice software for bending tube too. Pete.
    Pro-Tools

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Can you use an air ratchet or impact gun on those benders, or does that void the warranty? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

The one we are trying to get, The TubeShark...BAD to the bone!!!! The Tube Shark

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

That does look badass, but it must cost a pretty penny.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I ordered my JD2 Model 3 through M-Tech Supply. Took somewhere around 5 weeks to get here. I paid $582 for the bender, degree ring (don't need it) and 1.75" 180 degree die delivered to the door. Then another $60 for the steel to build a roll around cart and $40 for a 8-ton hydro hand operated ram. I'm gonna have to tip the thing over since the ram doesn't like to operate parallel to the floor. No biggy, I'll just go porta power when the funds allow. If you are interested in low buck hydro, go over to the POR board, there is some good info, plus a good write-up on operation in the tech section.

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I also got mine from M-Tech, but I just walked in and picked it up, they are in Mesa! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif No waiting!

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I also got mine from M-Tech, but I just walked in and picked it up, they are in Mesa! No waiting!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

10. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg... im gonna have to 2nd the recommendation on the Pro Tech unit. I asked my roommate about them and thats what he mentioned. He seems to know them since thats what he does all day long.
    ....on a side note...Im gonna get him to build some cool half doors to take to Moab and maybe sell and take orders for others.

11. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

I have the VanSant model 3, (JD2 model 3) and it works great. Here is a reveiw I did on it www.off-road.com/chevy/vansant/bender.html

Works like a champ and thats what we built Keiths cage with. Bending 2"x .120 wall HREW tubing by hand and the bender has NO problems.

Makes great bends.

Depdog

12. Greg72

Tori,

OK you lost me.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Are you referring to the ProTools (Model #105) or the M-Tech Company?

I can't figure out which one you are referring to....

On a side note:

How popular do you think I'll be once I own a tubing bender? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    How popular do you think I'll be once I own a tubing bender?

[/ QUOTE ] Everyone will have your name engraved on the side of their welders. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg you'll give a new meaning to going on a bender. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. BadDog

I think tori may be talking about this. Nicer finish but, basically the same as the others. http://www.pro-tools.com/mb105.htm

Maybe he got the name scrambled with M-Tech?

16. Greg72

Russ,

Yeah that one looks pretty nice....too bad that it doesn't come in yellow like the picture. I think they're just plain black.....yellow is just to show the parts better in the catalog. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

17. BadDog

Ahhhhh, didn't know that... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

18. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You gonna get the whole sha-bang so to speak up front Greg or buy the basic bender and then go from there along the way? I'd love to get a set up and the benders themselves aren't bad.... it's the toys like the cylinder, electric/hydraulic pump with hand switch and hydraulic adapter kit! Man that stuff is expensive... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

19. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Yeah, mine is black.

20. Greg72

Hydraulics......heck no! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Me STRONG like BULL!!! Want to pull handle.....build muscle.... be strong macho man!

Also, I will not buy a tubing notcher.....I will make cuts with my teeth!!!

/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif