Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tubing doors!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tommy, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

I saw these in a book, they were for a jeep, but I'm gonna try some for my K5. I wondered if anyone else saw them, don't remember what book. They basically were a loop, the ends were attatched to the hinges, and the round end had a latch to catch in the factory spot. They looked cool.

Drive it Like You Hate It!

2. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've seen 'em for Toyotas too, but no one makes 'em for K5s. I plan on making my own, but haven't gotten around to it yet. One of the best ideas I got from someone here was to use cheap electrical conduit to make a trial version, then once I get the design finished like I want it, make it out of the good stuff. That way I'm not wasting a lot of money on tubing that may get trashed.

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Laketex and myself will be making some prototypes in about a month. We have a 2nd gen test mule. We'll try for a 1st gen pair also.

We're commited now Bryan.....

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/goose>www.jmartin.net/goose</a>

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm down with that!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

5. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

I've played with the idea of tube doors. Dont know if you're thinking about making these for others, but I might be interested.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Matthew Meyer
    matthewm@inhollywood.com
    '71 Ochre K5 - 4" Lift 35"s
    ZZ4 350 - 700R

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yes, we're going to make up a set for my truck, and if it goes well, we'll make up sets for sale

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

7. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I'll let you use my K5 for the first gen guinea pig. I would like to have a set, maybe we can work something out. I'm not sure how far Sherman is from Houston, I may have to haul it on a trailer. LOL!

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?